It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Coping With Depression Caused By Undiagnosed Illness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-28-2002, 11:37 PM   #1
    lourehha

lourehha HB User
    Lightbulb Coping With Depression Caused By Undiagnosed Illness

It helps to talk about it. There are so many people trying to cope with undiagnosed disorders. So let's get together, and start helping each other make it through the day. Tell me a little bit about yourself. What are you suffering from? How does it affect you mentally and emotionally? What seems to help you cope? We all need to keep a positive attitude, but that's hard to do when your suffering untreated pain. Can anyone give some tips on this to get us started, or should I say up and running? HA HA. But in all seriousness, I do truly believe that laughter is still one of the best medicines. I'll be waiting anxiously to hear from others. Again, it helps to talk, SO DON'T BE SHY! Lourehha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2003, 03:31 PM   #2
    concern mom

concern mom HB User
    Unhappy Re: Coping With Depression Caused By Undiagnosed Illness

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lourehha
    It helps to talk about it. There are so many people trying to cope with undiagnosed disorders. So let's get together, and start helping each other make it through the day. Tell me a little bit about yourself. What are you suffering from? How does it affect you mentally and emotionally? What seems to help you cope? We all need to keep a positive attitude, but that's hard to do when your suffering untreated pain. Can anyone give some tips on this to get us started, or should I say up and running? HA HA. But in all seriousness, I do truly believe that laughter is still one of the best medicines. I'll be waiting anxiously to hear from others. Again, it helps to talk, SO DON'T BE SHY! Lourehha
    hi im a concerned mom of my son who is so depressed hes been classified as adhd but i think its a lot more then that i was told about something called bi-polar disorder some one please help me this has been going on now for 10 years now and i need some answers

Last edited by concern mom; 11-25-2003 at 03:33 PM.

Old 11-25-2003, 04:11 PM   #3
    bassie

bassie HB User
    Re: Coping With Depression Caused By Undiagnosed Illness

Quote:
    Originally Posted by concern mom
    hi im a concerned mom of my son who is so depressed hes been classified as adhd but i think its a lot more then that i was told about something called bi-polar disorder some one please help me this has been going on now for 10 years now and i need some answers
    Hello

Good move lourehha. I also believe laughter helps a lot and I do try to find things to laugh about.

It seems however that we often end up crying when I read concern mom.
    Depression is a dreadful illness.

Can you give a bit more detail concern mom? What makes you think it's bi-polar? Has he seen a psychiatrist? Have you posted on the board of adhd here? How old is your son?

Old 12-02-2003, 01:10 AM   #4
    Angel77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Angel77 HB User
    Re: Coping With Depression Caused By Undiagnosed Illness

Sorry guys, same boat, no paddle either!! But I do have a joke, it won't be funny yet, but trust me it will crack you up a few days from now although I'm not sure why.

Where do you find a turtle with no legs?
    Right where you left him!!!

Or maybe it's just funny to me because I have narcolepsy and my brain shuts off often...dunno, let me know what you think

Closed Thread