It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

face problem

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2002, 09:00 PM   #1
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1
cincin HB User
Post face problem

Hi, I have major problem. Something is wrong with my face. I don't know how to put this, am a girl 100% but my problem is my face look exactly like a guy. Can any body tell me what is wrong with me. I went to ob/gyn doctor to have my hormone level check but he said I don't need to because I don't have hot flashes or anything like that he said only when am 50 or older then I need to have it check. I feel so ashame of myself. I cried every night. Why!!! Help

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 11-20-2002, 07:36 AM   #2
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: stoughton WI USA
Posts: 4,069
mlgable HB User

FIND A NEW DOC!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any doc who won't take your concerns seriously is not the doc for you. If you feel you need your hormone levels checked then there is no reason at all for him not to check them for you. You do not have to wait until you are 50 for this by any means. Talk some of your friends to find out who they like for a doc and make an appointment to see the doc and get your medical records transferred. Your concerns and health issues should be your docs first priority.

Old 11-20-2002, 10:06 AM   #3
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 97
1Dove HB User

What a terrible and ignorant doctor! Yes, you must consult another doctor, and get your hormones checked. There are certain hormonal conditions that can change your appearance, and must be treated. And they don't just occur in people over 50. Many people are affected in their 20s and 30s and even younger.

Old 11-20-2002, 03:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, Tx. USA
Posts: 158
gwle HB User

Were you born this way? If so, then it is straight genetics! You really can't change it unless you go to a really good plastic surgeon. Blame it on your parents.
Your mind is your greatest weapon...

Old 11-21-2002, 06:19 AM   #5
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: stoughton WI USA
Posts: 4,069
mlgable HB User

GWLE is just as uncaring as the posters doc was. The very least that can be done is find a new doc who will help you try to figure all of this out.

Old 11-24-2002, 06:03 PM   #6
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Baton Rouge, LA USA
Posts: 44
Heartsy HB User

It is very inportant that you see an OB/GYN doctor that is a woman. They will understand much more than a man will.

Old 11-27-2002, 06:56 PM   #7
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posts: 19
EcoPunk HB User

Find a new doctor! You don't need hot flashes to have your hormones checked! What they will probably do is put you on the pill for more estrogen, just to get your levels up. I don't know if it will change your looks, it may. What a stupid doctor. And to think that person went thru how many years of college for that.

Old 11-28-2002, 04:15 AM   #8
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 315
buck58 HB User

It never fails to amaze me the amount of UNSYMPATHTHETIC DOCTORS out there! But I won't get started again. I've wrote plenty on this subject on this board. In short, find another doctor sweety.

Old 11-30-2002, 01:57 PM   #9
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: AL USA
Posts: 19
j_tuc HB User

cincin, did you mean that you have facial hair like that of a man? I don't really know exactly what you mean by your face looks exactly like a guy? If there is no hair on your face, it seems to me that you may be able to work with a good cosmetologist to change hairstyle, eyebrows, make-up etc. to get a more feminine look. I do agree with the others if it is a hormonal thing like facial hair, that a different doc would be in order. Don't dispair, either way you have a problem that can be dealt with.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Itchy Head/Face. Prevacid or Reflux wscott67us Acid Reflux / GERD 3 04-20-2010 04:40 PM
TMJ face change nell670 TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 97 03-23-2010 10:25 PM
Ear problem with numb face. Please HELP jasonkay Ear, Nose & Throat 0 01-22-2007 05:23 AM
Seborrheic dermatitis on face: what are symptoms? siren3 Skin Problems 14 02-13-2006 03:07 PM
My face runs my life - Psychological Consequences Smartpants Acne 41 02-26-2005 07:06 AM
Before you go destroying your face........ GuyWhoLovesLife Acne 6 04-18-2004 08:13 PM
Face flushing/rash...thyroid-related? Neca Thyroid Disorders 8 02-28-2004 07:27 PM
Random face flushing/rash Neca Allergies 5 02-25-2004 12:21 PM
hot face/neck, stress or skin related? forestofoctober Acne 1 01-27-2004 03:43 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:37 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!