It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

How to check out a doctor?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2003, 08:08 AM   #1
OkieGal

OkieGal HB User
Post How to check out a doctor?

I am going to go see a new ob/gyn next week and I am wanting to know more information on him before I go.
I have asked the staff when I called for the appointment what kind of doctor he is as far as how he treats his patients and all they told me is he is a very skilled doctor.
How can I find out more information on him before I go?
I want to know how he treats his patients, is he a very gentle doctor or does he have a history of being rough or uncaring with his patients.
Does anyone know if there are any other sources that I can check this doc out before going to see him?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2003, 04:44 PM   #2
Blue4U2

In my area, doctors often have a profile on line.

I recommend that you keyword "OBGYNs Tulsa Oklahoma"
in your search window..... If that doesn't bring up anything, Keyword your local hospital, and you can usually find a link that lists it's doctors.......
Many doctors are listed there even if they have a private practice, since they may have taken their residency or fellowship there.

This profile often includes a pic of the doctor, where and when they were educated, where and when they took their residencies, and what their area of practices have been...i.e. internal medicine/gastroenterology.

You can determine how many years of experience they have through this profile.

You can also TRY the AMA to make sure there are no suits or complaints against the doctor.

Good luck.

Blue

Closed Thread