It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Ever wonder why we care so much?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2003, 02:17 PM   #1
Merrida
Inactive

Merrida HB User
Post Ever wonder why we care so much?

Why does it bother us when someone else cuts us off while we drive? Why does it bother us to see someone else's child behave poorly? Why does it bother us to see someone else succeed and get the job, the girl, the guy,....(etc)...? What about when someone else has the body we like? Or when they dress in ways we find unappropriate? Or when they make decisions we do not approve of, such as abortion, inter-racial or inter-faith marriages? What about when they believe they should not receive medical attention for an illness or disease despite the fact mainstream medicine feels compelled to treat them? What about people taking drugs? What about being gay?

<<As if this doesn't run the gamut of possibilities>>

If we don't like it, why isn't it just simple to not do it ourselves, but just let it go if other people do not choose to do what we do, or if they choose to do something we don't buy into?

Why do we feel compelled to convince other people to do what we do, or judge them for being different? Why do we take to heart other people's choices? Why can't we live and let live without enforcing our beliefs on others?

Instead we determine, judge and jury, that they're deviant, bad, unethical, immoral, wrong, sloppy, foolish, abused, neglected, spoiled, evil,...

Where should that line be drawn and why is it so hard for us to do so?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2003, 02:37 PM   #2
32skater
(female)

32skater HB User
A very good question! Never have been able to
figure that out. Such a waste of time to do other-wise. Have a great day!

Old 01-22-2003, 06:40 PM   #3
Blue4U2

When I find myself judging something or someone, I find it is usually in avoidance of dealing with my self... or, sometimes, when something about anothers actions bother me a lot, I find it is because it is something that I do and don't like about myself.

People are like mirrors. WE can often learn a lot about ourselves by looking at those around us.

But to really answer your question, it is simple.

Fear.

Old 01-23-2003, 07:08 AM   #4
Merrida
Inactive

Merrida HB User
Touche!

------------------
Life isn't what happens to you -- it's how you react to it!

Closed Thread