It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Question - Pains in leg

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2003, 07:39 PM   #1
billy81

billy81 HB User
Post Question - Pains in leg

My mother has been having problems with her one leg. Just below her knee, on the side of her leg, there is bruse(sore or knot or something). It seems that part of her leg is somewhat swelled. She has this knee pad that she has been wearing on her knee when she is off work. She complains aoubt having pains in her leg. My Aunt is a nurse, and she said that it is probably just a sore or pulled muscle, and said just to put heat on the leg. My mom has had this problem for awhile, and it hasn't gotten any better. Does anyone know any remedies? Should my mom put ice on her leg instead of heat? Are there any vitamins that she could take?

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2003, 01:57 PM   #2
Merrida
Inactive

Merrida HB User
Is there any reason she hasn't seen her doctor?

I don't quite follow your post with regards to her symptoms... I can't tell what she's experiencing, if she has edema (which would be swelling, usually of the ankle, but can be the foot, the calf or even the whole leg). That alone can lead to several potential problems/diseases that could be causing this.

Not enough info.

Old 01-29-2003, 02:54 PM   #3
ChristinaD
Veteran

ChristinaD HB User
possibility..........cellulitis
June 2002: Had a relapse and tore/ruptured disc again.
Now I'm 14 months into it and the pain is still there.
Can't deal with it anymore so I'm having a discectomy in Sept. Hoping and praying that it takes care of my problems!!

Old 01-29-2003, 04:24 PM   #4
billy81

billy81 HB User
She's going to go the the doctor, when she can fit it around her work schedule.

Her ankle isn't swelled, or her whole leg. It is just in one spot. You can't really tell it is there until you touch, and then you can feel the swelling. She says that it hurts in the that spot. And it is hard for her to bed that leg.

Old 01-30-2003, 04:09 AM   #5
Sarah68
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

If it is localised to one spot in the knee, it sounds as if she could have strained one of the ligaments. The knee is very delicate and contains very small ligaments called the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments that can become ruptured and pulled very easily. This may heal on its own and ligaments are so small, that they sometimes take time to heal. If they don't they can sometimes need surgical intervention to help, but hopefully this will not be the case.

Arnica is always very helpful to help speed up healing in cases like this.

Closed Thread