It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

I am Miserable - Allergies?? HELP!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2003, 04:21 PM   #1
pmsfairy

pmsfairy HB User
Post I am Miserable - Allergies?? HELP!

I don't know what is wrong if it is allergies or not but I am miserable.
For 3 days now the left side of my nose has been completely stuffed up. I can't breathe at all out of that side. It hasn't cleared up at all and it really feels like my nose is swollen shut inside or something because I can't breathe out of it at all!
I have tried everything, Tylenol Allergy, Advil Cold and Allergy, hot showers, humidifier, Vicks Methol Nose Inhaler, nothing is working!!!!
Is this allergies or something else?
When I blow my nose nothing comes out.
Please Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2003, 07:04 PM   #2
zuzu8
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
It sounds like you may have allergies and what has happened is that as a result of all your nasal congestion, the mucous membranes in your nose got swollen, and trapped material inside that can no longer drain....I bet a million bucks you simply have a sinus infection now. It's happened to me exactly the way you describe. See a doctor and they will easily be able to see if you have infection or not. An antibiotic is the answer. I know how miserable this feels, so see your doctor and you'll be fine!
P.S. If you have allergies that caused this in the first place, then there are lots of meds that can help the allergies once the infection (if there is one) is cured. Control the allergies and you won't be prone to infection.

[This message has been edited by zuzu8 (edited 02-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by zuzu8 (edited 02-13-2003).]

Old 02-13-2003, 10:43 PM   #3
mlgable
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Allergies or severe sinusitis is a good possibility. See the doc tomorrow and get this checked out.

Old 02-14-2003, 05:22 PM   #4
purple2067
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
You can also use a saline nasal spray to help cear out your nasal passages and allow you to breathe better. You can use it as many times a day as you want to. There is also a saline nasal gel made by Ayr, that has some menthol and aloe vera in it. It is very soothing to the inside of the nose and helps keep it moisturized. The menthol also helps you breathe better. Another thing is to sleep partially sitting up or with your head propped up by a few pillows, because this allows your sinuses to drain during the night.

What you have right now could be an allergy. It could also be a sinus infection or a bad cold. Do you have any fever with it? It's best to just go to the doctor and have him look up your nose and in your ears and throat. You may need an anti-biotic, and possibly something to clear up the nasal congestion, like Allegra-D or Claritin-D.

Closed Thread