It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

facial Moles are making me look older

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2003, 08:03 AM   #1
Loving_God's_Son

Loving_God's_Son HB User
Thumbs down facial Moles are making me look older

Hello all,

I am a 23 year old female. My skin is a light brown (caramel tone). I have dark moles on my face that range in size and color. They are in patches under my eyes and over my nose. Most are small and flat. I think they are making me look older than I am. I have really sensitive skin and want them removed or less visible. Does fade cream help reduce the appearance of facial moles? And if so can anyone give me suggestions? Thank you for your help.
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

------------------
I don't believe in Miracles, I rely on them!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2003, 11:28 AM   #2
Tree Frog
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB User
Smile

Hi Loving_God's_Son:

I had several facial moles, too, when younger.
I think they make one look more youthful.
They run in my family. Some of us have quite a lot of them on the face.

I did have about five removed from my face, when they grew larger than I preferred. They have to be cut out to remove them, to be sure there are no cancer cells. It leaves a scar that is red and then fades to white. The scars do show.
If you are prone to growing scar tissue, I would not suggest having them removed.
Several movie stars have moles on the face, and some people even get them tattooed on. If my moles had not been enlarging, I would have left them on.

It is not a good idea to otherwise mess with moles. Do not put chemicals on them. You could put a little concealer or powder on them to make them lighter looking. But I bet they don't look as bad as you think.

[This message has been edited by Tree Frog (edited 02-12-2003).]

Old 02-12-2003, 09:08 PM   #3
barefoot_gal

barefoot_gal HB User
i like moles! but if they really bother you, you should consider laser surgery to take the moles off. my aunt had some of hers removed that way and though there is scarring, it's still not the dark spot that a mole was. i'm not sure if this is the same thing as "cutting" the mole off, so you might want to look into the various options. also, since you have lots of moles, and if you decide to keep them, remember to keep an eye on them for irregular/quick changing shape and color, which could be indicative of cancer.

Old 02-17-2003, 05:05 AM   #4
northernlights

northernlights HB User
i've had some moles removed on my back, my leg, my arms.........they've all left a small scar where they were....depending on the size of the mole, you will see an area that will be red at first, and slowly fade, but will never get that "normal skin color".

i have a couple of moles on my face, but they're not big enough to me to have them removed. they're more annoying than anything, but due to the fact i don't know if it's worse having them there, or having them removed and seeing the "scar", i'll leave them alone. i think it's personal choice at this point, as long as they don't change color or shape.

------------------
~~last night i dreamed i ate a giant marshmallow......this morning my pillow was gone!

Closed Thread