It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• anyone, please help! stomach pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-21-2003, 08:37 PM   #1
    blackballoon

blackballoon HB User
    Exclamation anyone, please help! stomach pain

Hey,

A year ago, when I was fifteen, I began having episodes of severe stomach pain. When I say severe, it was incomprehensible. My whole stomach felt like it was being taken over, or ripped in two. I could barely even breathe. At least five times the pain got so bad that I couldn't stand it anymore and simply passed out. I would wake up with dizziness, a deafening buzzing noise in my ears, bathed in my own sweat, and occasionally having lost control of my bowels, to add humilation to the pain. These episodes seemed to occur every month, near my period, so they were diagnosed as cramps. I had never heard of cramps that were this severe or involved all these symptoms, but I went along with it. Five months ago I went on the birth control pill to regulate my cycle, and I was prescribed Ponstel to help with the stomach cramping. These medications didn't seem to help at all. Along with this monthly pain, it seems to be taking over my life. I have noticed more and more that I get severe pain after eating. Many times these terrible pain episodes happen after I eat, and it doesn't matter what. (I am not lactose intolerant, we tested that.) When I get these terrible stomach cramps, they seem only to be relieved by a bowel movement, or several bowel movements. What is happening to me? Do I have some sort of bowel syndrome? Eating in the morning in the worst. No matter what I eat for breakfast, approximately ten minutes after I am crippled with incapacitating stomach cramps that seem to take over my whole body. Along with the cramps I get dizziness, a rush of heat, and a feeling of utter panic and helplessness. This has also happened after I eat late at night. I know it must have something to do with my menstrual cycle, or does it? This is taking over my life. I am terrifed to eat anything, but I have to eat (obviously). I am looking into natural healing as my doctors can't seem to suggest anything else. I have heard of and experienced gas pains, and I know this has to be more than that. This pain is so bad, it takes over my body and makes me afraid all the time. Even when I don't get these intense stomach cramps, after I eat I nearly always feel quite uncomfortable after eating.

I'm sorry this was so long, but please read and please please please, ANY suggestions would be welcome. I am desperate for any solution or help that I can get. I am hungry for the realization that I am not alone and that someone, somewhere, can help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2003, 09:56 PM   #2
    poreoilyme
    Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
    You have a classic case of IBS--irritable bowel syndrome. Don't let it go untreated, find another doctor and suggest this to him or her. I had this when I was just a few years older than you are now and it ended up turning into ulcerative colitis--bleeding of the colon. I had the sweats, panicky feeling, dizziness and almost passing out, and severe pain like no other! There are drugs to help treat this. Find someone who will take you seriously. This is a very common disorder, but it will probably only get worse if you don't seek a more informed doctor who can help you.

In the meantime, switch to a starchy diet. I mean mashed potatoes plain pasta, white rice--and no butter or other fats. Try just eating these for a day or two and watch how different you'll feel. I had to live on these for three years to clear mine up it had gotten so bad. The worst offenders are greasy foods, fatty foods, and anything that's high fiber: fruit, veggies, multi-grain foods, etc. Even if you get meds, you'll need to watch your diet carefully and avoid foods that irritate your bowel.

This can be cleared up. Don't worry, but do act on it.

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 06-22-2003).]

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 06-22-2003).]

Old 06-21-2003, 09:58 PM   #3
    gina mc

gina mc HB User
    What types of food do you eat? Could it possible be bouts of gas pressure. I went to the ER twice with severe abdomen pains. All ends pointed to female related things. But I knew it wasn't that. An abdominal x-ray should large amounts of air in my intestines. Many foods cause this for me---one being chocolate. Much better since I was put on Librax.

Old 06-21-2003, 10:13 PM   #4
    zuzu8
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
    Black balloon-
    You mentioned that you were tested for lactose intolerance, but I'd love to know what other tests you've had. And have you been dealing with a reg. GP or a gastroenterologist?

zuzu xx

Closed Thread