It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Falling down a lot

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-20-2003, 10:12 PM   #1
    KaP
    (female)

KaP HB User
    Post Falling down a lot

Lately, I've been falling down a lot and hurting myself. I trip over nothing and get a fuzzy feeling in my head, also feel like I've missed something, confused. Is this inner ear or something else. The past week I have fallen down 4 times. A little bruised, but still kicking! I am 51 and have allergies,arrythmia and am being treated for a PE(bloodclot)I developed in Jan.2003.I'm on Coumadin,Clarinex,Prozac,Depakote,Phener gan,Kadian,Mialcin and Astelin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    KaP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2003, 10:17 PM   #2
    mlgable
    Inactive

mlgable HB User
    You need to see the doc to find out what is going on. Frequent falls at your age is not normal so see the doc and get checked out.

Old 07-21-2003, 03:32 AM   #3
    Perrianne

Perrianne HB User
    Yes, you definitely need to see your doctor about falling. The meds you're taking could also have something to do with it.

Old 07-21-2003, 10:17 AM   #4
    KaP
    (female)

KaP HB User
    Thank you for your quick response. I am scheduled to see the dr. next week, so hopefully something will be done. Any guesses as to why this is happening now? I've been on these meds for about 3 months or more. I did trip over my cats a month ago and hit the wall hard, but did not black out just bruised shoulder,ribs and a slight knock on the head.

KaP

Old 07-21-2003, 09:45 PM   #5
    shortstop

shortstop HB User
    It could be caused from pressure on the 8th cranial nerve the vestibulochonclear nerve. It happened to my brother for a mounth he is 25 years old really healthy. He had really bad vertigo he could barley walk, he was in the hospital for a week and had every kind of test from brain tumors to spinal taps. They released him because they were clueless. He went home and eventually in went away in three weeks. But for that month he was so scared he was going to be like that forever. It was like he was really drunk but he hadn't had a drink. I hope this helps good luck.

Closed Thread