It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• numb left arm

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-26-2003, 07:45 AM   #1
    jamesjackson

Post numb left arm

Sometimes I go out drinking and sometimes a take a few pills(xanax, percocets) for recreation. For the past year or so, every time I do either one of those things I always wake up with my left arm completely "asleep"(numb). This never happens if I dont drink or take pills. Does anybody have a reason for this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2003, 04:31 PM   #2
    Astf

Astf HB User
    I don't know, but you shouldn't be taking those pills if you aren't prescribed them. They are obviously causing your arm numbness, so you should just stop. Xanax is addictive, so I would especially stay away from that one unless you have a medical condition. Percosets, I've read, is a pain medication. I've heard of it being prescribed after the removal of tonsils, but can cause some pretty unpleasant effects, including all the ones listed on the bottle. Hallucinations, is one that isn't listed but I have read about in user stories. Anyway, you should probably talk to your doctor and see if there are any OTHER effects that these drugs could have on your body if you have been taking them long-term. The percorsets especially.

Old 09-26-2003, 09:11 PM   #3
    zuzu8
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

James-
    You are getting a warning. Your arm numbness is a serious neurological sign that these drugs, especially mixed with alcohol are harming you.
    You are ingesting alcohol PLUS a benzodiazapine (Xanax) plus a NARCOTIC. I cannot tell you how dangerous this is.
    It's truly a toxic mix.
    Percocet alone, mixed with alcohol can lead you staight into liver failure, respiratory depression (a decrease in respiratory rate and/or tidal volume, Cheyne-Stokes respiration, cyanosis), extreme somnolence progressing to stupor or coma, skeletal muscleflaccidity, cold and clammy skin, and sometimes bradycardia (slowing of the heart to dangerous levels and hypotension. You could have a sudden circulatory collapse, cardiac arrest, and yes, die.

Both Xanax and especially Percocet (which is a morphine derivative) are habit forming and withdrawal alone can kill you if you are taking these regularly and again, especially with booze.

Please take care of yourself. This is a cocktail for disaster.

zuzu xxx

Old 09-26-2003, 09:22 PM   #4
    stolie
    Veteran
    (male)

stolie HB User
    I'm sure you already know that taking that combination of drugs is really bad. Just remember the story about the patient who says, ``Doc, it's hurts when I do this." And the doctor's advice is, ``Well, then stop doing it."

Closed Thread