It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Tarlov cyst

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2003, 12:28 PM   #1
    pattypetty

pattypetty HB User
    Post Tarlov cyst

I was in an auto accident months ago. I have severe pain in my "butt", right leg and sacriliac area. Terrible pain. MRI showed a Tarlov cyst on S2 the left side. BUT my pain is on the RIGHT side. Has anyone had experience with a Tarlov cyst or other cyst like this that can come from being in an auto accident? I need some help!

Many thanks.

North Carolina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2003, 12:33 PM   #2
    jodo

jodo HB User
    Tarlov cyst is found in up to 5% of lumbosacral MRI scans and is normally symptomless - it probably has nothing to do with your current problem

Old 11-15-2003, 06:45 PM   #3
    verdar
    (female)

verdar HB User
    Patty,

I was in a auto accident this past August. I also experience hip pain, buttock pain, on both sides. My MRI showed a tarlov cyst on S2 also, along with tears and degeneration. I have been doing reading on tarlov cysts, and found some information. I read that they can produce the pain we have, especially from trauma or AUTO ACCIDENTS! I had a MRI two years ago, and it was normal. I know this is from accident.

Hope you feel better soon.

Veronica

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pattypetty
    I was in an auto accident months ago. I have severe pain in my "butt", right leg and sacriliac area. Terrible pain. MRI showed a Tarlov cyst on S2 the left side. BUT my pain is on the RIGHT side. Has anyone had experience with a Tarlov cyst or other cyst like this that can come from being in an auto accident? I need some help!

Many thanks.

North Carolina

Closed Thread