It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• smashed finger numb ? Help....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2003, 06:19 AM   #1
    YEL-MEL
    (male)

YEL-MEL HB User
    smashed finger numb ? Help....

Hi

4 days ago I smashed my index finger in a door hinge. There was a lot of pain and some minor swelling. I put it in ice water for a bit and it helped. I am able to bend the finger and move it with very little pain however the last inch of my finger is numb. The only pain I feel is like a bruise feeing if I bump it. All that I notice now is a slight bruise on the end knuckle, it basically feels ok. Does not look bad at all. It was not a twisting or impact injury , just a slow smash as the door was closed and slowly compressed my finger.

Has anyone else had this numbness after a smashing injury ? Is the numbness due to the compressing of the tissue or something ?
    Will it go away ?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2003, 10:19 AM   #2
    zuzu8
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
    Re: smashed finger numb ? Help....

Hi YEL-MEL
    Even though it easn't a high impact smash, nevertheless it sounds as though you hurt your finger badly enough that there's probably been some nerve damage. This is temporary. It may take some time for the nerve endings to heal, but they should.
    Give it a few weeks.
    zuzu xx

Closed Thread