It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Is a temp of 99.5 degrees more or less "normal"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-09-2004, 06:13 PM   #1
    The_Cheese_Man
    Inactive

The_Cheese_Man HB User
    Question Is a temp of 99.5 degrees more or less "normal"

Ever since I began taking my temperature (or having it taken at the clinic) on a fairly regular basis, it has usually been normal but every so often if will climb to 99+ degrees or go down to like 97 or so. Today, I went to the clinic and it was 99.5 and the triage nurse said "well, yeah you do have a little bit of a temperature" and it scared me when she said this.

I have a lot of allergies and post nasal drip, etc and I also have IBS and a few other things wrong with me but I am getting scared that maybe this is cancer or something. Is it normal for a temp to go up and down from time to time like this or even be as high as 99.5 every few days or so?. It's been like this for at least the last 7-8 years and none of the doctors I have seen (and I've seen and asked LOTS) seem to be too concerned about it.

Last edited by The_Cheese_Man; 01-09-2004 at 06:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2004, 06:16 PM   #2
    alleycat
    Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User
    Re: Is a temp of 99.5 degrees more or less "normal"

Im not a doctor or anything but the normal temp is 98.6 so unless it jumped a whole bunch like 101 or higher I wouldn't be to concerned.

Old 01-10-2004, 09:12 AM   #3
    Sidney1733
    (female)

Sidney1733 HB User

Hi [REMOVED],
    [REMOVED]And yes 98.6 is the "Normal" body temp. But not everybody has that exact temp. I run about 97.6 and this is normal for me. Also there are plenty of of time where I checked my temp and I was up to 98.8 and that is still fine.
    It's just gonna go up and down . So your fine and there's nothing to worry about.
    Have a good weekend
    Sid

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 01-12-2004 at 12:38 PM. Reason: This is a peer support board. Do not identify yourself as a professional.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:30 PM   #4
    MrsLee
    Veteran
    (female)

MrsLee HB User

I think this is normal. Mine is always a little on the low side, while my husband's temp is always a little on the high side. It's kinda funny--he always feels very warm when I touch him and I always feel a little cold to him.

Closed Thread