It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Constant Coughing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #1
    IvyBlue17

IvyBlue17 HB User
    Constant Coughing

For the past few days I've been getting terrible coughs. Sometimes they'd sub-side, but even then I'd be coughing at least once every five minutes. And ocasionally some phlegm would come up.

But this is the weird part, that's my only symptom! I don't have a fever or head ache. I had a very minor sore throat, but it only got worse because of the constant coughing. Other than that I feel fine.

I don't smoke, I get a little 2nd hand from family, but even then I just leave the room. I know it's some sort of virus, I gave it to my step-dad and my mom.

Anyone else have this same problem?

Last edited by IvyBlue17; 01-25-2004 at 12:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2004, 08:47 PM   #2
    kellie2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kellie2 HB User
    Re: Constant Coughing

Yeah, it's a virus...my husband had it and gave it to me, and my daughter's mother-in-law also had it. Wasn't really a 'cold', just a very irritating cough. It went away after about 10 days. Rest assure yours will, too.

Old 01-27-2004, 06:01 AM   #3
    Pagegurl
    (female)

Pagegurl HB User

I've had this cough now since Thanksgiving and the Dr doen't seem to think it's bad enough for anything other than a cough med. After completely finishing the cough med, I'm still coughing and constantly clearing my throat. Does anyone have any suggestions as how to clear this stuff up?

Deb

Hysterectomy: April, 1996
    Thyroidectomy: Jan, 2002
    Oophorectomy: April, 2008
    Cholecystectomy: Aug, 2009

Old 01-28-2004, 04:17 AM   #4
    IvyBlue17

IvyBlue17 HB User

Just this morning I started coughing up blood with the phlegm...now I'm worried. I better go to the doctor!

Old 01-28-2004, 07:10 AM   #5
    Danitom
    (female)

Danitom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IvyBlue17
    Just this morning I started coughing up blood with the phlegm...now I'm worried. I better go to the doctor!

My daughter who is 8 had this just after Christmas. She was coughing up bloody phlem.......it was AWFUL! We took her to her pediatrician who diagnosed her with bronchitis, said it was viral bronchitis and she wasn't put on any meds......two days later she was back to normal......I would still encourage to see your doc but don't get to worried.......

Old 01-29-2004, 09:13 AM   #6
    IvyBlue17

IvyBlue17 HB User

I went to the doctor, and he did give me a cough medicine that was a suppressant. Partly because my cough was the worse in the middle of the night and during the morning. But right now I've only coughed a little so I'm probably going to be over it in a few days.

Closed Thread