It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Bactrim side effect or allergy?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-12-2004, 03:56 PM   #1
    Janni
    (female)

Janni HB User
    Question Bactrim side effect or allergy?

Recently I had to take Bactrim, a sulfonamide for something. It was just a 3 day course of the generic. I've had it a number of times before in my life, but I think I've developed an allergy to it. About half way through I got a few itchy red spots, about the size of a nickel, in various places, but no real rash or hives. The inside of my mouth felt kind of funny, and even though I finished it several days ago, all of a sudden today, I have small whitish patches on the insides of my cheeks, not really sore, but feel funny to my tongue. I'm wondering if it could be a delayed reaction to the Bactrim. I had just seen an Ear-nose-throat dr. a couple of weeks ago, before I had to start the Bactrim, and he said then that the inside of my mouth was normal and looked ok. I've looked around my usual medical web sites, and couldn't find anything that looked quite like it. The sites just said that if any mouth condition persisted 2 weeks to see the Dr. I don't want to go if it is something that will clear up by itself in a while, but any advice or suggestions as to what it might be would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread