It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• nose pierce problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2004, 10:28 AM   #1
    blueberrymdm

blueberrymdm HB User
    nose pierce problems

I have had my nose pierced for about two months. Two weeks after I got it this little red bump appeared around one side of the pierce. I cleaned it and about a month later it went away. So far it hadn't come back but I don't know why it appeared in the first place and if there is anything I can do to prevent it from happening again!!!!! I love it and don't want to take it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2004, 12:20 PM   #2
    Ash16

Ash16 HB User
    Re: nose pierce problems

Just about everyone gets that bump. I am not sure what the "medical name" is for it, but some people like to call it "the dreaded bump"! It will more then likely come back again. The best way to get rid of it is to do sea-salt soaks and of course do daily washings with anti-bacterial soap. But please, use ONLY antibacterial soap (i use dial for my nose and belly-button piercings). Iodine can be used if you're not allergic, though i wouldn't use iodine because I have been warned by the lady who pierced me not to... but NEVER use neosporin. Some people use Neosporin for one reason or another... but you really shouldn't. That is intended to close a wound... and a piercing is just that. You don't want to mess that great piercing up do you?! And don't use peroxide either. They specifically tell you not to use certain things, though some people go ahead and use them neway... But like i said, you will more then likely get that bump again and you really can't prevent it. But sea-salt soaks and regular cleanings will minimize the length of the bump. And really, you're the only one who notices it or even has a problem with it! I hope i helped ya out!

Old 03-02-2004, 12:45 PM   #3
    blueberrymdm

blueberrymdm HB User
    Re: nose pierce problems

thanks ash for your advice!!! I think they call it a grenulum. I actually had my nost pierced before this and had that bump so often that I just got fed up with it and let it fully heal before I got it re-pierced recently. I will try your suggestion. I know that no one notices it even though I am convinced they do, but it seems like all of my friends who have nose pierces have never had this problem.

Closed Thread