It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Constant, chronic pressure and bloating feeling in center of lower abdominal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
    cresintern
    (male)

cresintern HB User
    Question Constant, chronic pressure and bloating feeling in center of lower abdominal

Hi, I'm an active 32 year old male that in the past year or so have developed a chronic, sometimes constant dull, pressurized , bloated discomfort in my lower abdominal region, (belly button and below and its in the center of that area). I went to a doctor and he examined me and sent me for many tests including the ones where you swallow that gross chalky stuff, pelvic/abdominal cat scans/ and finally with the colonoscopy. Everything turned out normal and he dismissed it as IBS, he prescribed the drug NULEV or something like that for acute flare ups, but it doesn't seem to work. The pain starts almost everyday the same way, I eat breakfast, then about an hour after eating that dull, pressurized feeling starts. The aforementioned area of my abdomen also hurts to the touch if I press too hard. Anyway, its starts after eating breakfast, then I start my exercise routine (about 60-90 mins post breakfast) it consists of cycling then running then a circuit weight routine. Funny, during the exercise routine the pain mysteriously disappears only to re-appear with a vengeance 1 hour after exercise ceases. My appetite is fine, no weight loss, no diarrehea, though occasional constipation with small stool volumes. My appetite is not suppressed , its just that the pain makes me not want to eat but I do anyway and the food doesn't seem to effect the pain. I am gassy at times but not that bad. Anyway this pain starts at around 10 am then disappears around 7 or 8 pm, it doesn't affect my sleep and is usually not present overnight. After the colonoscopy 6 months ago the pain disappeared for a few months and has now just recently re-appeared. The only tests I haven't gone for are blood tests (what for though?) examinations of stool/urine and or stomach contents (enzymes?) . I eat whatever I want, white breads, pasta, spicy foods, I also take a regimen of vitamins that I have been consistent with for about 7 years, vit E, garlic pill, multi, and a baby aspirin, also flax seed oil pills, it seems that my diet doesn't seem to effect this occurance, maybe it is my diet, who knows, I guess I have to get back to the doc and demand these remaining tests? any clue out there?

Last edited by cresintern; 03-30-2004 at 12:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2004, 05:10 PM   #2
    tailgate

tailgate HB User
    Re: Constant, chronic pressure and bloating feeling in center of lower abdominal

Ask your doctor to give you a blood test to see if your positive for H-Pylori. This is a bacteria that is responsible for certain kinds of Ulsers. Cheers.

Old 04-02-2004, 08:00 AM   #3
    DonM

DonM HB User
    Re: Constant, chronic pressure and bloating feeling in center of lower abdominal

Sounds like my acid reflux symptoms caused from various bi polar medications.
    My stomach was hurting so bad when it was swollen at one point in time, I had to drive to the emergency room.

To make a long story short, I have been prescribed various acid reflux medication and none seem to help as well as th egeneric brand of Tagamet HB 2000 containing "cimetadine".

Closed Thread