It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• swollen facial lips

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2004, 11:45 PM   #1
    horswhisper78

horswhisper78 HB User
    Unhappy swollen facial lips

My aunt woke up from a nap today and her lips were swollen really bad. We took her to the doctor and he said that it might be a spider bite. She has a place on her arm but it doesn't look like a spider bite. She is breaking out in hives all over her neck and back. Can a spider bite that is on your arm cause your face to swell like that?Also she has a rash on her body that she has had for about 9 months now. The doctor said that it was caused from her medicine that she was taking called starlix. could starlix cause you to break out all over your body? She hasn't been taking the medicine for about a week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2004, 07:47 PM   #2
    moody318
    (female)

moody318 HB User
    Re: swollen facial lips

I have had the same problem in the past...it seems like it comes out of no where...my lips will start to swell and get red then dry out and hurt...I sometimes get hives around my lips before it happens. I have finally determined I am allergic to something. The Dr had given me some type of anti-fungal stuff because they thought it was an infection but it wasn't ...the only thing that helps is Benydril. I use a triple anti-biotic ointment when they are swollen and hurt. I don't know if this is the same problem but I have had problems finding anyone who has a similar problem as me. I have break outs every couple of weeks and it last for 2-4 days. I just can't determine what is triggering it...I am leaning towards fried food from restaurants meaning that they cook multiple foods in the same oil so it could be anything there or it might be ChapStick.

Old 04-10-2004, 11:57 PM   #3
    GettingWellAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

I'm sorry that I know absolutely nothing about the medication Starlix, but it does sound like an allergic reaction of some sort, to me. Especially if she's breaking out in hives. When I'm having an allergic reaction, to foods most of the time, my lips get very swollen and puffy, and sometimes, I get hives also. Good luck to your aunt!
    ~Katalina

Old 04-11-2004, 07:57 PM   #4
    horswhisper78

horswhisper78 HB User

thank you so much! She is doing much better now. We still are not for sure what might of happened. She has somewhat the same thing as yours. She breaks out and for a few days then it goes away. She has used lanacane on her and that clears her up. She has also used the benydril and that helps too. Thank you for replying

Closed Thread