It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• tonsils are gone!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-03-2004, 09:36 PM   #16
    Mario21
    Inactive

Mario21 HB User
    Re: tonsils are gone!

i wasn't able to lay down until about 2 nights ago because i felt i was choking on my uvula. it was massive. its still swollen, but i can actually lay down though. i dunno if i would say choking, i wasn't gagging or coughing cuz i felt like it was down my throat.....it was more like i would lay down, then the uvula would swing back and close off my throat stopping my breathing. so, i wasn't gagging on it, but i couldn't breathe. my mom came home with a bunch of baby food today, lol. its actually pretty good. going down, its pretty gross, but about 15 min later, when your burp, it really tastes like you had beef with carrots. kinda interesting. but i needed something that wasn't dairy, so i'm fine with it. well, i'll keep everyone updated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 08:03 AM   #17
    alleycat
    Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mario21
    i wasn't able to lay down until about 2 nights ago because i felt i was choking on my uvula. it was massive. its still swollen, but i can actually lay down though. i dunno if i would say choking, i wasn't gagging or coughing cuz i felt like it was down my throat.....it was more like i would lay down, then the uvula would swing back and close off my throat stopping my breathing. so, i wasn't gagging on it, but i couldn't breathe. my mom came home with a bunch of baby food today, lol. its actually pretty good. going down, its pretty gross, but about 15 min later, when your burp, it really tastes like you had beef with carrots. kinda interesting. but i needed something that wasn't dairy, so i'm fine with it. well, i'll keep everyone updated.
    Wow so I guess you can have your roast beef before you heal. Keep me posted.

Old 08-05-2004, 10:06 AM   #18
    Mario21
    Inactive

Mario21 HB User

ugh, dumb tonsils. pain is bad in the morning. mainly feels like stinging. which i think it scabs falling off in my sleep and exposing raw skin. which i don't care about at all, considering i'm on day 10 and none of my scabs have fallen off yet, lol. my pain med makes the pain a 0 or 1 though, so its nothing i can't handle. i'm so bored.

Old 08-05-2004, 09:52 PM   #19
    alleycat
    Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
    ugh, dumb tonsils. pain is bad in the morning. mainly feels like stinging. which i think it scabs falling off in my sleep and exposing raw skin. which i don't care about at all, considering i'm on day 10 and none of my scabs have fallen off yet, lol. my pain med makes the pain a 0 or 1 though, so its nothing i can't handle. i'm so bored.
    Really by day 10 my pain was very mild and only flared up when I tried to eat spicy foods. So when do you go for your post op visit?

Old 08-05-2004, 10:48 PM   #20
    Mario21
    Inactive

Mario21 HB User

yeah, my pain is mild, it always has been, just seems like if i eat something too thick, it pulls on a piece of scab and burns for a few seconds. i dunno, but these scabs don't seem to wanna fall off. i can see like, pink spots in the scabs. i dunno if thats skin poking through where the scab kinda slushed off or what. i have my post op visit on the 13th. i'm gonna miss the dave matthews band concert this weekend. i was hoping to just skim by being well enough to go, but nope, maybe next year, lol.

Last edited by Mario21; 08-05-2004 at 10:49 PM.

Old 08-06-2004, 07:57 AM   #21
    alleycat
    Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
    yeah, my pain is mild, it always has been, just seems like if i eat something too thick, it pulls on a piece of scab and burns for a few seconds. i dunno, but these scabs don't seem to wanna fall off. i can see like, pink spots in the scabs. i dunno if thats skin poking through where the scab kinda slushed off or what. i have my post op visit on the 13th. i'm gonna miss the dave matthews band concert this weekend. i was hoping to just skim by being well enough to go, but nope, maybe next year, lol.
    What a bummer missing the concert all I ever really missed was an ice skating trip and x-mas dinner lol. I would say that your right that the pink spots are fresh skin starting to peek thru. Someone once gave me the hint if your want your scabs to come off faster eat toast although I never tried it.

Old 08-06-2004, 09:18 AM   #22
    Mario21
    Inactive

Mario21 HB User

yeah, i've heard that before also, but i dunno, thats like scrapping them off. last time i tried eating, i had soft pizza and started gushing blood. if they are still sitting around by day 14, i will try some toast. that'll be in 3 days. sheesh, day 11 and still no solid food. i feel sick. i'm not sick, but i don't feel like surgery, i feel like i have tonsilitis.

Old 08-06-2004, 09:17 PM   #23
    Mario21
    Inactive

Mario21 HB User

did anyone have any trouble getting back on solid food? i was able to get down a few mini raviolis tonight, but went to the bathroom with a horrible upset stomach about 5-10 min later. i dunno if thats normal after not eating for 2 weeks. it would make sense, just figured i'd ask.

Old 08-07-2004, 12:51 PM   #24
    AsTallAsLions

AsTallAsLions HB User

question: what made you guys get your tonsils out?

Old 08-07-2004, 03:36 PM   #25
    Mario21
    Inactive

Mario21 HB User

repeated tonsil infections, tonsilitis. being sick 4 or 5 times a year, having them always be swollen.

Old 08-08-2004, 12:34 AM   #26
    Mario21
    Inactive

Mario21 HB User

well i finally left my house. i can tell my scabs are getting better. they don't exactly fall off do they? mine have been shrinking, like, they are dissolving off or something. i thought they were gonna fall off in pieces. they are definatly smaller, so thats good. i was able to eat a few eggs and some raviolis today. i felt less sick, i think my body just needed to get used to food again. i still have some discomfort swallowing, but i'm able to talk and act pretty normal. oh well, i'm on the home stretch now, lol. last update will be if anything exciting happens, or at my post opp appt.

Old 08-08-2004, 05:16 AM   #27
    alleycat
    Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
    well i finally left my house. i can tell my scabs are getting better. they don't exactly fall off do they? mine have been shrinking, like, they are dissolving off or something. i thought they were gonna fall off in pieces. they are definatly smaller, so thats good. i was able to eat a few eggs and some raviolis today. i felt less sick, i think my body just needed to get used to food again. i still have some discomfort swallowing, but i'm able to talk and act pretty normal. oh well, i'm on the home stretch now, lol. last update will be if anything exciting happens, or at my post opp appt.
    Sounds good Im looking foward to seeing how your post op visit goes. Before you leave the appointmen you should ask him what instrument he used. Sorry Im so facinated by all this I was going into nursing this fall but maybe I'll specialize into surgical nursing. I think it's exciting!

Old 08-08-2004, 11:24 AM   #28
    Jessgirl01

Jessgirl01 HB User

I just found this board, I was posting on the other board but it got lonely. I had my tonsils out on Thursday. I'm now on Day 4 and I just finished eating some of those meat stick things babies eat. My mom chopped them up really fine, and I drank a ton of water while eating them. Now I'm eating Reese's ice cream. I'm doing better today. When I got up the pain was already better than yesterday. Woohoo! I feel like I'm semi-human again I've been drinking every time I can remember and i think that's really helped. Today I have a little pain in my ears when I swallow, but all in all it's good, definitely better than yesterday I hope from here on out, it'll get better!!! Oh and I am majoring in the same thing also( they told me I couldn't say that, but I don't see why- because it's not my career, YET! I still have a bit to go.)

Closed Thread