It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• more on my, ideas appreciated

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-28-2004, 05:42 AM   #1
    Mich4

Mich4 HB User
    Unhappy more on my, ideas appreciated

I posted a few days ago about going to the doc on Monday for what I thought was a urinary tract infection. NO infection, but microscopic blood in urine. He gave me antibiotics while he sent the urine away for culture, and told me to see my doc if I didn't get better in a few days. Well by Wednesday, I wasn't feeling better and went to my doc. No blood in urine at that visit, but still having symptoms (urgency to pee, and a bit of burning). Well now I still have the urgency to pee, no pain really, I don't know if I've had blood again because I haven't had another test since then. I'm 34 and really scared. I read on here a woman that now has bladder cancer, she was bleeding clots and tons of blood, but still I'm scared. I go for an ultrasound on Thursday, but why am I still feeling not right? The doc didn't seem to worried.
    Anyway, thanks for any thoughts on this.
    Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2004, 09:15 AM   #2
    crabbyroad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

crabbyroad HB User
    Re: more on my, ideas appreciated

Mich,

One good thing going for you is there was NO blood present in the urine Wednesday. My daughter use to drink tons of orange juice and was constantly treated for what we presumed to be UTI also. She would feel the urge to urinate and couldnt and be so bad that she would sit in the bathtub at night with warm water just to get it going. She had plenty of antibotics given to her also, with the same ongoing problem. It was the excessive acid content for OJ that was these episodes. The doctor strong urged to drink cranberry juice when these things happened, and the urgency to urinate with no result went away. You might want to try this approach till your doctor visit, and see if you notice a difference.

Old 08-28-2004, 12:08 PM   #3
    Mich4

Mich4 HB User

Hi and thanks,
    I just came from emerge because I was running out of this certain pill that is helping with my symptoms. There was microscopic blood in my urine again and the doc didn't seem worred. No infection though! I am scared, but the doc said bladder or kidney cancer usually presents with blood that can be seen in the urine. She could only see a few cells under the microscope.
    I have an ultrasound on Thursday am, but how do I stop diagnosing myself with cancer. This doc said maybe bladder irritation. I does hurt when I pee at times and it never feels like I empty my bladder. I know it is not normal to have blood in the urine.

Thanks again,
    Michelle

Old 08-29-2004, 09:33 AM   #4
    luvmyboys

luvmyboys HB User

I went to the doctor for a regular check up and had blood in my urine with frequency and urgency but not enough that it really bothered me. I then had to have a scope in my bladder and was told I had interstitial cystitis. Acidic foods and drinks will cause these symptoms for me.

Old 08-29-2004, 10:40 AM   #5
    Mich4

Mich4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luvmyboys
    I went to the doctor for a regular check up and had blood in my urine with frequency and urgency but not enough that it really bothered me. I then had to have a scope in my bladder and was told I had interstitial cystitis. Acidic foods and drinks will cause these symptoms for me.
    THanks for your input. I'm a little worried now. I constantly need to pee. I can hold it for an hour or two, but the pressure is always there. I don't know how I'm supposed to wait a week to have an ultrasound! I wish I could just go to emerge and they would look for something and give me an answer. I wish the blood in my urine was gone.
    Thanks again,

Old 08-29-2004, 05:29 PM   #6
    luvmyboys

luvmyboys HB User

You could try Prelief. It's over the counter probably by the beano and other gas products. You take it with your first bite of acidic food or drink and it is supposed to take the acid out of the food. Things that bother me are chocolate, pop, tomato stuff like pizza, etc. and fruits like grapes and strawberries. I eat all of it anyway. I usually pee about every two hours and sometimes it's a normal amount and other times it is a small amount, but very urgent. Mine always gets worse right before my period, but that might be because I crave and eat all kinds of food before it starts. I had an ultrasound too, but that won't show interstitial cystitis. The only thing that can diagnose it is a scope. Let me know how your ultrasound comes out. How is your diet by the way. Do you eat those kinds of foods? The blood in my urine was microscopic trace amounts. I couldn't see it. The one time I could see it I did have a UTI and bladder infection. I am also 34 and was diagnosed with this about 2 years ago. I also have fibromyalgia which can cause a whole host of symptoms in just about every body system.

Old 08-29-2004, 05:54 PM   #7
    Mich4

Mich4 HB User

One thing that is interesting is that I don't get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Now, in the morning I'm feeling it, but from 12:00am - 7:am I don't wake up and go.
    Do you think this would be a sign that it might not be too sinister.
    You are very helpful and I appreciate it very much.
    Sincerely,
    Michelle

Old 08-30-2004, 07:18 AM   #8
    luvmyboys

luvmyboys HB User

I'm not sure. Maybe it's bladder spasms that when you're relaxed at night everything settles down. I get up once during the night to go to the bathroom, but like I said only close to my period. The rest of the month I don't have to get up. I wake up a lot sometimes, but not because of that.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:45 AM   #9
    Baylee Bianca
    (female)

Baylee Bianca HB User

Hi there, It may have been my post on my sister that scared you.
    I am sorry if that was the case. My sister is believed to have bladder cancer
    and is having surgery today. To ease your mind some my sister is older and
    a heavy smoker, dyes hair monthly, heavy coffee drinker. These are all contributars { sp ? } to getting bladder cancer. Also you are talking traces
    of blood in the urine. My sister was having massive amounts of blood loss.
    You also said you had burning. My sister had no burning or pain other than
    when passing a blood clot. You also said the feeling of frequency to pee.
    My sister did not have that either infact the opposite of feeling she could not
    pee enough. I really would not worry to much does not sound like bladder cancer to me at all. Baylee

Old 09-01-2004, 10:06 AM   #10
    Mich41

Mich41 HB User

Thank you so much. I'm just a little afraid of things in general right now. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Please keep us posted.

Closed Thread