It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Swelling on left side of rib cage and stomach area

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-09-2004, 11:48 PM   #1
    Eeyore83

Eeyore83 HB User
    Unhappy Swelling on left side of rib cage and stomach area

Hi everyone im a 20 year old female and was just wondering if any one else has or had this problem I'am having right now. About a week ago I got this sharp intense pain near my lower rib cage and underneath my breast on the left side. It came and went then it got really intense while I was trying to go to sleep, and it was like this throbbing, clutching pain. I felt like I couldnt breathe and it hurt everytime i took a deep breath. Then the next day the pain was still there even more painful and i felt it on my whole side of my rib cage and underneath my rib cage, thats when i noticed the swelling. The swelling was under my left breasts down to a lil pass my rib cage, after a few days the pain still was consistant and the swelling doubled in size and area..right now my whole left is still the same i cant sleep or touch my side cause it hurts and just feels "weird" for lack of better terms. Even when I'm sittin my left side kills me..I dunno I was just wondering if any1 else had this problem thanks a bunch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2004, 04:06 AM   #2
    crabbyroad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

crabbyroad HB User
    Re: Swelling on left side of rib cage and stomach area

I have no idea what it could be however, with the pain and most concerning the "swelling", warrants a trip to your doctor ASAP.

Old 09-10-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

I agree, see your doctor immediately. It may be a simple problem or it may be a serious problem. You do need medical attention.

Old 09-16-2004, 11:04 PM   #4
    courtwell

courtwell HB User

Wow. it is almost uncanny. I have the exact same problem to a T. swelling, pounding pain, same side. I too am a 20 yr old female. I definitely think I'll be going to the dr asap.

Closed Thread