It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Mumps help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2004, 01:29 AM   #1
jojos

jojos HB User
Mumps help

I am a 34yo female diagnosed with mumps. I needed to know how long to keep my 2 children (5 & 1) from going out as I have heard that although they have been immunized & wont get the sypmtoms themselves, they could pass it on to others. If that was the case would they pass it on, not now but in 12-21days after getting it from me? And how do I know if they do? Can they pass it on to other immunized kids who could give it to people who havnt been. If that was the case could they have not given it to me 21 days ago? Please help, Im sure confused about this one & in the meantime the kids have been treated themselves like they have the plague. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2004, 04:45 AM   #2
feelbad
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Mumps help

Wow, i haven't heard of a case of mumps in a very long time.If you live in the US, you can contact the CDC or the state health dept in the state where you live.they would be able to answer all of your questions.Sorry you have to deal with this.I had the mumps when I was about ten yrs old I think(late 60s).I only had it on one side, my sister had it on both.I just remember the pain.and keeping hot water bottles going pretty much 24/7.i hope you get better soon.Sorry I cannot answer your questions.marcia

Old 09-30-2004, 03:19 PM   #3
jojos

jojos HB User
Re: Mumps help

Thanks Marcia, I'm in Australia & yep, its pretty rare to get in now. I think in 2002 only around 80 people had it in Australia for that year. What are the odds, I cant win lotto but I get the mumps! Thanks for your reply.

Closed Thread