It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Weird Throat Issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-06-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
    TWISTED II

TWISTED II HB User
    Weird Throat Issues

Hi Everyone. i'm having some weird throat issues and i hope i could get some help here. i've been getting discomfort on the right and left side of my throat, mainly when i swallow. it comes and goes, switches from right to left, and seems to always be accompanied by a sore on my tongue. well, not a sore...but kinda like i bit my tongue real hard. actually, the other day, i bit down on the back of my tongue while chewing, and about 4 hours later, the throat pain apeared. its always the same side as the tongue pain. Drs are stumped. thought it were tonsils, so they came out a few months ago. but no reliefe. just had an esophogram. came back with acid reflux, but i dunno if that would cause this. also said "correlate with palpable findings in thyroid." which my ENT says means my thyroid is enlarged. i have an ultrasound of my throat tomorrrow to see more about that. but in any event...does anyone know what could be causing this? has anyone had this? also, another weird thing.....since i have a slight anxiety, i poke around my neck now and feel for anything weird. well, i thought i felt a swollen area, so i started pushing and stuff. well, i pushed once and held for a few seconds and almost blacked out. i seriously was about to pass out. this was very weird. it was directly to the right of my adams apple. any idea of what i pushed to make me get lightheaded and almost black out? sorry for the long post. just kinda lost and looking for answers. thanx in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2004, 10:11 PM   #2
    skabuggy

skabuggy HB User
    Re: Weird Throat Issues

Hey there!
    Okay the whole almost blocking out thing is nothing to really worry about...you wanna know why? Well because you where basically pushing to hard near your blood flow and where you pulse is. When I was a kid the boys would do stupid stuff called two minutes in the dark...basically you where blocking the blood flow to your brain causing you to almost block out and your became light headed due to the fact your blood had to circulate again! The pain in your throat is very common in Acid Reflux people I have Acid Reflux and basically its the acid coming up causing that pain. What you need to do is find the right meds to take control of your acid relfux...if not taken care of properly you can end up with worse case senrio. As for me it took about 3 tries to find the right meds to get my acid under control don't take acid lightly! But talk to your doctor about either Prevacid or Aciphex those two seem to do wonders and have no side effects. Good Luck and don't ever do that again with making yourself block out!

Last edited by skabuggy; 10-10-2004 at 10:13 PM.

Old 10-11-2004, 01:40 AM   #3
    TWISTED II

TWISTED II HB User
    Re: Weird Throat Issues

yeah, thats kinda what i thought, about blocking the blood. man, freaked me out though. i felt anxiety like i haven't felt in a year that night. but after i went to bed and woke up, i figured if anything was wrong, i'd know it by now. (see, anxiety is better, last year at this time, i would been running to the ER, lol)
    i'm on day 4 of prilosec OTC. the Dr prescribed nexium, but thats 80 bucks and prilosec was only 15, lol. i didn't think i had acid reflux, and prolly wouldn't have even known in the esophogram hadn't of shown it. i could see where acid reflux was causing this....but could it really be causing the sores on my tongue? its just weird that they happen right when the throat pain happens, always on the same side. i had an ultrasound of my thyroid and i get that back tomorrow. but i could tell by where she was taking the pics, thats its too low to be whats causing my pain, i think. its slightly above the adams apple, on either side. i hope this is just acid reflux.
    i also thought that since i sing, i could be straining some tendons or muscles in my throat when i'm reaching for notes out of my range. i dunno, at least i didn't mess anything up when i was about to black out, lol.

Closed Thread