It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Hydrochepalus & Meningitis

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2004, 06:06 PM   #1
Aro

Aro HB User
Hydrochepalus & Meningitis

Hi! What is Hydrocephalus & Meningitis? I feel a lotta pressure in my skull a lot of liquid running throughout my body. Definately off-balance & can't feel arounf the right side of my body & face, walk around with a gait or funny walk, get nauseus easily, & my head gets swelled up on the right side, & I have muscle spasms. I just feel messed up in the head, the right side of my body. I do have a cervical disc herniation problem w/ a couple of buldges & a thyroid over-under production problem, but when I take the drugs, I feel like I can't move. What should I do? If I suspect this sort of problem, who should I see about it? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2004, 06:42 PM   #2
Soulcatcher
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: Hydrochepalus & Meningitis

GO TO THE ER! Depending on the type of menegitis you can die from that. You need to go asap and get treated you may get admitted. Do not just sit around and wait for it to get worse you can pass out from this too.

Old 10-08-2004, 09:57 PM   #3
valleygurl
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

Hi There, Sounds like you need to see your family doctor and let him/her know what is going on. What you are describing most definately does not sound like hydrocephalus or meningitis. Good Luck

Old 10-09-2004, 10:52 AM   #4
mkinder123

mkinder123 HB User

Hi, My daughter had Bacterial Menengitis when she was 2 years old. The symptoms that she had was a very high fever.It was over 105. Her body was so hot that if you touched her it would almost burn you. She was vomiting too. I took her to the ER and she acted fine and her fever was even starting to go down. They went to get the discarge papers and when they did I noticed a purple/red looking rash starting to come all over my daughter. I told them that when they came back into the room and the nurse said hang on just a minute. She cam eback and said that we are going to send you to Lebonour childrens hospital because it could be menengitis. My daughter was acting fine when we left the hospital and by the time we got to the childrens hospital she had went so far downhill. She was barely breathing and she was not moving. They had to hook her up to a breathing machine and pump her full of meds. They told us that she was not going to make it. But I am so glad they were wrong. Please go see a doctor if you think that you could have menengitis it could kill you in a matter of hours. I hope you get well and find out what is wrong. Take Care.
Michelle

Closed Thread