It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Deodorant Stones, Have You Heard???

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2004, 03:11 AM   #1
WNTCMMNTS
(male)

WNTCMMNTS HB User
Question Deodorant Stones, Have You Heard???

Hi everyone, I posted a thread asking people on site about the good and bad things health wise of deodorant stones. And to my surprise of the whole site only 3 people responded. I thought a lot more people than that are using natural deodorant stones. I was hoping someone if they had no comments had a web site or link on research of deodorant stones that I could go to. The only thing I can seem to find on the web is how great they are and many web sites that sell them. Just like any thing else there has to be some not so good reasons for not using them. Nothing in this world is perfect in every way. Thanks again, And hope to hear a lot more on this from people who have heard of any thing on these in a not so good way.
I am just want to make a decision on if I want to start using deodorant stones from now on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2004, 02:23 PM   #2
Sasha242326

Sasha242326 HB User
Re: Deodorant Stones, Have You Heard???

The stones are healthy and natural and the the salt kills the bacteria that causes odor, but still allows your glands to sweat. The stones are great! And you will have to be surprised that somethings are just great and have no bad side effects. I have not stopped the stone since I started it two years ago, and no more sore breasts from deodorants that clog glands and are unhealthy.

Old 11-27-2004, 03:00 PM   #3
GettingWellAgain
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

What are deodorant stones?

~Katalina

Old 12-04-2004, 02:16 PM   #4
mellowfish
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Deoderant stones, sometimes referred to as "Thai crystal/deoderant", are small smooth chunks of naturally occurring mineral salts (not lab created). To apply, the stone is wetted with water (or applied to a wet body, i.e. after bathing). This makes the stone "silky smooth" against the skin.
On the upside of usage:
1. They are cost effective: a $7.00 stick can last upwards of a year of more.
2. They are extremely effective at preventing odor, regardless of reason or degree of your BO.
3. They are free from additives and chemicals, including aluminum chlorohydrate (and other derivitaves of aluminum) and parabens, which have been shown to cause estrogenic activity in human tissue.
4. They will not stain your clothing.
On the downside:
1. It does not prevent you from sweating (this may or may not matter to you).
2. The stone may chip or break if you drop it in a porcelin sink (although sharp edges/chips can be smoothed under warm running water).
3. If you are not careful when using a sharp/chipped stone you may scratch yourself! (I have only managed to do this twice and I have been using these stones for 7 years !)

Old 12-04-2004, 09:20 PM   #5
GettingWellAgain
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

Wow, those sound wonderful. Where can I buy them??
~Katalina

Old 12-04-2004, 09:44 PM   #6
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

well, they only DON'T have aluminum chlorohydrate, but they STILL DO contain aluminum.....

Old 12-05-2004, 10:05 AM   #7
mellowfish
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

So if you are really worried about the aluminum, take a couple of things into consideration: It has only been in the past 120 years or so that we have been construing aluminum from its raw form into stuff that is more malleable. It is NEVER found in nature in its metallic form. Since it makes up 8% of the earth's crust (it is the third most abundant element in nature) it is also found NATURALLY in most forms of vegetation (which most people who consider themselves healthy eaters consume a large amount of).
Naturally occurring "Aluminum" salts (properly referred to as potassium alum, ammonium alum, and a few others) are huge, heavy molecules which cannot be absorbed by the body. They do not interact with biological processes (they are alkaline and nonreactive).
For naturally occuring alum to be absorbed by the human body it must be processed, which then renders the stuff potentially harmful to us. "Aluminum" is not naturally occurring, where alum is. It is astounding how many products actually contain "aluminum".
Deoderant stones can be purchased at health food stores, even GNC sells them now. There are also many vendors who sell them on the net.

Last edited by mellowfish; 12-05-2004 at 01:37 PM.

Old 12-07-2004, 07:52 PM   #8
cuttbeat
(female)

cuttbeat HB User

EEP!! I don't think I can use them. Even with normal deod. I sweat like crazy.

Closed Thread