It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2004, 08:54 AM   #1
lisa30777
(female)

lisa30777 HB User
Any ideas what could be wrong?

hello all
for the last 3 months ive had chest/rib pain and its driving me crazy doctors can't find out the cause ive have 2 chest x-rays 6 ecgs blood tests and stomach test still no answers my doctors have now gave me anti-depressents tho im only depressed because of all this,im now seeing a chiropractor who says it because of ligament damage in my pelvis and now my ribcage has locked up i also get sharp pains at times under and around my left breast which he says is a trapped nerve dont kno if i believe this but i'll try anything at this point.

i have chest discomfort(not really pain)24/7 and a tightness which feels like im wearing a corset, its better first thing on a morning and gets worse as the day goes on and sharp pains mostly under and around my left breast at times(not all the time)ive been so worried over all this because nobody could give me answers ive thought it maybe could be Costochondritis but pain killers do little to help

any ideas help please???
lisa

thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2004, 07:52 PM   #2
Ron

Ron HB User
Re: Any ideas what could be wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa30777
hello all
for the last 3 months ive had chest/rib pain and its driving me crazy doctors can't find out the cause ive have 2 chest x-rays 6 ecgs blood tests and stomach test still no answers my doctors have now gave me anti-depressents tho im only depressed because of all this,im now seeing a chiropractor who says it because of ligament damage in my pelvis and now my ribcage has locked up i also get sharp pains at times under and around my left breast which he says is a trapped nerve dont kno if i believe this but i'll try anything at this point.

i have chest discomfort(not really pain)24/7 and a tightness which feels like im wearing a corset, its better first thing on a morning and gets worse as the day goes on and sharp pains mostly under and around my left breast at times(not all the time)ive been so worried over all this because nobody could give me answers ive thought it maybe could be Costochondritis but pain killers do little to help

any ideas help please???
lisa

thanks in advance
----------------------------------------------------
Hi Lisa,

Do you have any difficulty swallowing more than a few bites?
Do you have any regurgitation of food or stomach acid when you lie down or bend over?
How about any bloated feeling when you wear tight jeans or a tight belt?
A hiatal hernia is possible.
Have you had to use your abdominal muscles very severly due to exercise, constipation, childbirthing, violent throwing up, dry heaves, severe coughing spells or have you had a car accident that involved whiplash?

Helicobacter Pylori is also possible, if you find that eating calms the pain for a few hours.
Other HP symptoms are belching, burping burniing in the stomach which gets better after eating, bad breath, a white coated tongue, a sour taste in the mouth. A blood test or a Urea Breath Test can be very informative.

Have you done a browser search for "heartburn"?

Ron

Old 12-13-2004, 05:31 AM   #3
janson536
(male)

janson536 HB User

Your chirropratcic should prove his claims:
-Damaged ligament can be seen with ultrasound of pelvis. Besides, why should you have damaged ligament (childbirth, accident?)
-The cause for trapped nerve (discus hernia or some other injury of backbone, forced position at work) can be seen with X_ray of thoracic part of backbone. It's pretty rare in this part of the body. Your symptoms also are not typical.

But if you think in the direction of costohondritis, try to do everything to get diagnosis: Ask for all diagnostic possibilities and if doctor says it is costochondritis, ask what proves that (x-ray) and if it isn't ask if this can be excluded for sure.
I had this chest pain for one day and one night (I thought it was my heart or that I'm so nervous): I went to the doctor and - it was a spontaneous pneumothorax! I would never think of it! (It can't be in your case it's very obvious on x-ray).

Last edited by janson536; 12-13-2004 at 06:11 AM.

Old 12-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #4
lisa30777
(female)

lisa30777 HB User
Unhappy Re: Any ideas what could be wrong?

thank you for your replys
ive had a endoscopy and a abdominal scan to rule out stomach problems have taken zoton and nexium in the past (doctors were thinking its acid reflux) with no relief(tho i still smoked at the time ive now quit)my back aches a lot of the time too sorta in the same place as my chest,i also keep losing my voice and my throats a little sore sometimes so ive been taking zantac for a week to see if that helps so far it has'nt im sooooo scared over all this 3 months ive been like this(everyday)! i can say its gotten no worse thankfully my doctor is useless!!!! just sends me away he thinks its anxiety and depression but i know sumthing is not right!i mean YES!!! of course im depressed ive been ill for months but i know its more than that. im so worried when they find out what is wrong it will be to late

sorry for going on depressing i know
best
lisa

Last edited by lisa30777; 12-19-2004 at 11:57 AM.

Old 12-19-2004, 01:13 PM   #5
sh1
(male)

sh1 HB User

Hi Lisa
Can You Help Me ??

Old 12-19-2004, 01:22 PM   #6
lisa30777
(female)

lisa30777 HB User