It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• bump in ear

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2004, 11:28 AM   #1
    rubbersoul
    (female)

rubbersoul HB User
    bump in ear

Hi, About 2 days ago I just noticed this bump in the cartilage part of my ear. Its not on the exterior part but inside of the ear and it's just this round little ball thing. It hurts like hell too. I will make an apointment to see the doctor but I just thought maybe I could see if I could get any answers on here and I'm starting to worry as well.

Last edited by rubbersoul; 12-20-2004 at 08:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2004, 07:02 PM   #2
    krosp
    (female)

krosp HB User
    Re: bump in ear

Could it just be a pimple, or clogged up pore or even a mosquito bite? Those are things that spring up suddenly and hurt a lot to touch. They'd probably feel slightly different inside your ear than in the usual places, but it could still be that.
    All the best

Last edited by krosp; 12-20-2004 at 07:03 PM.

Old 12-20-2004, 08:50 PM   #3
    rubbersoul
    (female)

rubbersoul HB User

We don't get many mosquitos around here, this time of the year. It's not a pimple, havn't heard of getting those inside my ear. It's just a little smaller then a pea. Sorry I described it wrong in the description. Its just below the cartilage in the skin part of my ear. Sorry about that but thanks for the help.

Old 12-21-2004, 02:29 AM   #4
    zuzu8
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Rubbersoul,

It's hard to discern from your description the exact location of this bump but you might want to check out "gouty tophi" of the ear, which are painful subcutaneous nodules that sometimes manifest themselves as a symptom of gout.....(gout doesn't necessarily have to involve the big toe!) but these nodules usually appear more on the outer rim of the ear I think. You should be able to find pictures on the web.

zuzu xx

Old 12-21-2004, 01:22 PM   #5
    rubbersoul
    (female)

rubbersoul HB User

Ok thanks, ill look that up. Ill try to explain it better. Its like a hard small pea in the skin part of the ear( part of the ear where you usualy get peirced). It's sitting right below were the cartilage ends. Its not on the outside of the skin though, so nobody would be able to notice it without feeling the skin.

Last edited by rubbersoul; 12-21-2004 at 01:24 PM.

Closed Thread