It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• neck and throat problem

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-01-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
    wmjsease
    (female)

wmjsease HB User
    Question neck and throat problem

Okay, here goes. About three months ago, I started having problems with my throat feeling like it was going close up on me. Mostly after I ate something. I have acid reflux and have tried Nexium and Prevacid, but couldn't deal with the stomach bloating that I unfortunatly got with it. So now I am on Zantac twice daily. Anyway, I went to and Ear Nose and Throat doctor about it, and he said to stay on the Zantac, and just watch what I eat. He said that he could run the scope but he didnt' want to at this point. I had a ct scan of the neck, to make sure there wasn't anything there.
    This is driving me crazy. Some days I'm okay, but some days, my throat goes crazy and my neck feels really tight. I have elevated my bed, watched what I eat, etc. The crazy thing is that I feel better when I lay down. Except when I turn my neck, then it feels like something is there. Any suggestions about what it could be. I'm going to insist that the ENT do a scope. He knows that I don't have any insurance, so he's trying to save me money. But I'm so tired of this. My air quality is okay, it's like spasms or something, and it's really scary, and it hurts. I did have a gastro do a scope about 4 months ago, right before all of this started happening, and he said just a little reflux, but not enough to really be concerned. That's when I was put on the Zantac. Any suggestions. Wouldn't the ct scan have showed something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 12:33 PM   #2
    minmin630
    (female)

minmin630 HB User
    Re: neck and throat problem

It could be webbing in your throat. That is where scar tissue in your throat from erosions causes a lil blockage in your throat. I had to have the scope done and have them put in a bougie dialator and dialated ( broken open) the webbing or blockage. This is very painful and you won't be able to eat for three days aprox. Well maybe u can ask the dr about that and see what he says!

Old 01-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #3
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    Re: neck and throat problem

You may have a spastic esophagus. Try drinking something hot before meals and during meals and see if that helps.

Closed Thread