It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• constant sore throat!!! help!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #1
    angel_in_disguise

angel_in_disguise HB User
    Angry constant sore throat!!! help!!!

ok so i have been getting sore throat all the time this past few months. it heals up after 5 days to 1 week but then it comes back just after few days. sometimes its on the right side and sometimes on the left. NO fever, cough, voice hoarsness or other symptoms, just that my throat is painful to swallow. even drinking fruit juices can trigger it.

a few months back i hv done something stupid for quite a few times. i was taking this chewable vitamins but i dont like the taste so i never chew them. what i did is i cut the tablet into small pieces so i can just swallow it right away with water. and since i cut the tablet into small piece, the edges has become sharp and sometimes it can get stuck at my throat causing a cut down there. that happend a few times but i am not doing that anymore but since then my sore throat has become regular. now im wondering if my chronic sore throat has something to do with that or im allergic to something. we dont have pets at home but my husband smokes and sometimes i get expose to the cigarette smoke but im always trying my best to avoid that. i just really dont have time to go to my GP to get this check but i know i should. however i would appreciate some input about this. thanks in advance.

-Angel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2005, 07:08 PM   #2
    ladybug8372
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybug8372 HB User
    Re: constant sore throat!!! help!!!

There are a couple of things I can think of right off hand....1) sinus drainage...it can cause the throat to become sore....or 2)...if you still have your tonsils...if they are large...(which they may not have to be large..I am uncertain about that part)..there is an illness called "cryptic tonsillitis"....I had never heard of this before until I had my tonsils removed a year ago. I was born with large tonsils...never had a problem at all...and all of a sudden, I started choking on everything...even my saliva. I didnt think too much of it until I choked on a hamburger...severely...thought I was literally going to die! So, I immediately went to my ENT...he recommended having the tonsils removed...when he took them out, he discovered that they were FULL of pus and infection. He said people can have this for a LONG time without ever having symptoms UNTIL it gets to a certain point...then they keep a sore throat. He told me that he was working with a patient at that time that had it at the severe point, he was trying to get her better enough to remove her tonsils, but as soon as the infection cleared..it returned again....he said he was having a time getting her well and keeping her well...and she couldnt have the surgery until she was better. It definitely isnt normal to have a sore throat all the time...there is a cause there...you just have to have it looked into to find out what the cause is. Good luck!

Old 01-19-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
    momof4boys
    (female)

momof4boys HB User
    Re: constant sore throat!!! help!!!

I was thinking more along the lines of allergies. I get a sore throat when there is too much dust in the house. I then change the air filter on the furnace and do a complete dusting wiping and washing. I would be fine for some time and then it comes back. Winter is worse than summer.

Closed Thread