It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Swollen lymph-node?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2005, 11:03 PM   #1
    lilhelper84
    (female)

lilhelper84 HB User
    Swollen lymph-node?

Hey all-
    I have a question.

Every since I was in 5th or 6th grade, I've had a bump on my jaw. The lump is located at the very end of my jaw, on the right side. Close to my ear, but not quite on my neck.

When I was 16, I got concerned because it started to hurt so I went to the doctor. He's a very good doctor, he's been my doctor since... well... since I was born!
    Well, he felt it and said "It's just a swollen lymph-node. It'll probably stay there, or it could go away. Just come back if it grows or becomes very painfull."

And it didn't. I forgot about it, actually.

Today, my fiance, son and I were in the grocery store, and I felt a slight, dull pain. I reached back and my lymph-node was big again. Not too big though. Probably about the side of an eraser on a pencil. It just seemed a little bigger than it was when I was 16.

I got worried, which is obviously why I'm here! LOL!

A little more info-- I have a sinus infection right now along with what I think is an ear infection (my ear feels plugged and slightly uncomfortable)
    Also, my dad and my brother both has a swollen lymph-node on their jaws as well.

It just somewhat worried me that it decided to show up after four years. Well, it didn't go completely away-- just not as swollen.
    Unless, I never noticed it before when I was sick.

Also, the lymph-node is smaller now than what it was a few hours ago.

Does anyone else have this? Does anyone have an idea why it is somewhat swollen right now? Do you think it's because I'm not feeling well?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User
    Re: Swollen lymph-node?

[QUOTE=lilhelper84]Hey all-
    I have a question.

Every since I was in 5th or 6th grade, I've had a bump on my jaw. The lump is located at the very end of my jaw, on the right side. Close to my ear, but not quite on my neck.

When I was 16, I got concerned because it started to hurt so I went to the doctor. He's a very good doctor, he's been my doctor since... well... since I was born!
    Well, he felt it and said "It's just a swollen lymph-node. It'll probably stay there, or it could go away. Just come back if it grows or becomes very painfull."

And it didn't. I forgot about it, actually.

Today, my fiance, son and I were in the grocery store, and I felt a slight, dull pain. I reached back and my lymph-node was big again. Not too big though. Probably about the side of an eraser on a pencil. It just seemed a little bigger than it was when I was 16.

I got worried, which is obviously why I'm here! LOL!

A little more info-- I have a sinus infection right now along with what I think is an ear infection (my ear feels plugged and slightly uncomfortable)
    Also, my dad and my brother both has a swollen lymph-node on their jaws as well.

It just somewhat worried me that it decided to show up after four years. Well, it didn't go completely away-- just not as swollen.
    Unless, I never noticed it before when I was sick.

Also, the lymph-node is smaller now than what it was a few hours ago.

Does anyone else have this? Does anyone have an idea why it is somewhat swollen right now? Do you think it's because I'm not feeling well?

Illness, such as your sinus infection or earache can cause englarged lymph nodes. I wouldn't think that it would be cause for alarm right now, assuming that it goes away and causes you no pain.

However, if it doesn't go away once your infections pass, definately see a doctor. Enlarged lymph nodes can indicate other illness, too.

Closed Thread