It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Excessive gasping and yawning for air

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2005, 03:01 AM   #16
    lietchi
    Inactive
    (female)

lietchi HB User
    Re: Excessive gasping and yawning for air

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacklyn
    So how do you find out what breathing exercises to do?
    I'm going to a fysiotherapist to learn the exercises. She teaches me different types of breathing, and how fast I should breathe. For me it's great: it's not theoretical: she watches/feels my breathing for a short while and then tells me what I should do different.
    If a person is indeed breathing incorrectly, I don't see how drugs could do any good. (Anyway, I only use drugs as a last resort)

Last edited by lietchi; 02-17-2005 at 03:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2005, 09:49 AM   #17
    Arraicha
    Veteran
    (female)

Arraicha HB User

Wow, I've had the exact same problem since I was a kid! This is actually the first time I see others have it. It comes, sticks around for a week or two, then goes away. I was told it was anxiety too, except for that I sometimes get it when I'm not anxious and sometimes when I am anxious, I don't get it.

I was givin Rivotril (an anti-anxiety drug) for awhile last year, but it didn't help. I've asked around, and I've always been told that if it isn't anxiety, they don't know what it is.

Old 02-17-2005, 05:45 PM   #18
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Arraicha, when you do not breathe right and are actually hyperventilating whether you are aware of it or not, the oxygen deprivation to vital organs is what causes the body to "panic". Doctors always think it is anxiety that causes the problem when it is just reverse.

After many years of not breathing right, the body will finally decide to fail more. In my case my bloodpressure went to stroke territory and many times I would stall out after taking 3 steps. Would have to take only 1 step and rest then another in order to get up 9 steps to bedroom at night. All because my vital organs were deprived of oxygen. Oxygen was not getting to muscles or anything else.

It beg all of you to take this breathing problem seriously and learn how to breathe properly. It is not anything we have done, our body has jumped track in the breathing department for unknown reasons. Unfortunately until recently most doctors were not even aware of the problem. Chalked up to the patient being a hypocondriac when they did not know what the problem was.

I ended up being overmedicated for bloodpressure when a paper sack was my best friend in restoring bloodpressure to a more normal level. I still take BP meds but nothing like what I was put on before proper diagnosis.

Everyone's body will not necessarily act up the same, we are all different.

Closed Thread