It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Drinking alcohol on an empty stomach

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #1
    Andrew29
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Andrew29 HB User
    Question Drinking alcohol on an empty stomach

I was just wondering what is defined as an "empty" stomach when it is referred to when talking about drinking? If someone is hungry, does that mean that they have an empty stomach? I don't have a good alcohol tolerance, so the food before drinking is a benefit for me.

The reason I ask is because I've recently changed my diet (for weight lifting purposes) from 3meals to 5-6 meals/day (always 2 meals after dinner). By doing this, I eat every 2-3 hours and have created a lot of demand (3000calories/day). So I get hungry every 2-3 hours and my body expects food again. However, there are times when I plan on drinking alcohol; at night obviously, so I won't get my usual 2 meals after dinner which my body has been so accustomed to having. I don't need to say how hungry I get. Does that mean I have an empty stomach?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
    velvet48
    Veteran
    (female)

velvet48 HB User
    Re: Drinking alcohol on an empty stomach

i would think if you eat dinner before you go out, you should be fine. you can always snack on something while you are drinking as well, but just make sure you eat a good meal before you go out.

Old 03-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
    Anti Social
    Veteran
    (female)

Anti Social HB UserAnti Social HB UserAnti Social HB User
    Re: Drinking alcohol on an empty stomach

Drinking on an empty stomach isnt good because there isnt anything to absorb the alcohol.And that means the alcohol hits you way faster and you get drunk quickly.If youre planning on getting really drunk then dont eat.But if not I suggest you eat before you drink!

Closed Thread