It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Do I really have body odor?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-16-2005, 08:18 AM   #1
    dpman
    (male)

dpman HB User
    Do I really have body odor?

Hello everyone,

The issue I'm having is whether or not I actually have BO. I noticed that people around me would often rub their noses. This started in 2002 and has been happening ever since. It's definitely not my underarms or anything on the surface, when I smell my underarms they actually smell good from the deodorant I use (even after sweating) and I also use a male body sprayÖ which I smell all day. So why is it that some people rub their noses or sniff when I pass them? What's even weirder is that I'll notice someone doing it across the room but the people right next to me aren't!

This is really frustrating the hell out of me! When I ask my wife, family or friends they all tell me that they canít smell anything but they also rub their noses when Iím around sometimes. Now I know that my wife would never lie to me about something as serious as body odor. Iím married to a very blunt straight forward woman, that has told me to go jump the shower after working out or being in the sun all day .. lol. Iím just really confused and I think itís driving me crazy. What Iím pretty sure of is that whatever scent is coming off my body must not be that bad. I haven't noticed anyone covering their nose or giving me strange looks, just some kind of rubbing action. Almost like their allergic to the scent I have. Most people I ask think I'm crazy and I'm starting to think so. I mean if I really smelled bad why can't everyone smell the odor ???

Now, Iím an overweight person and the problem seems to have started after my huge weight gain and I started eating terrible. Iím also constipated a lot due to the atkins diet. If I really do have BO it must be coming from the inside out. Iíve come with a list of things to try, but do I really have BO??? Any comments or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for listening!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
    goldenwings
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

goldenwings HB User
    Re: Do I really have body odor?

Hiya dpman,

Just a thought. Do you perhaps think that you might be using too much body spray? Or maybe you are using a combination of scents that is really giving off a bit of an overpowering aroma?

Just something to may be think about. Hope things can get sorted for you.

goldenwings

Old 03-16-2005, 10:01 AM   #3
    denny33
    Inactive
    (female)

denny33 HB User

Hi dpman

Alot of things you eat can come through the skin ie spicy food,garlic,excessive processed food etc. Also the body can be full of toxins and bad bacteria that can create an odour.

Going from the multitude of info i have picked up on this website i would suggest the following.

1. A colon cleanse to flush away all the bad bacteria and toxins that can build up and cause all sorts of problems (including body odour)You can get the cleanse in tablet form (cant give you a name of a product because we get told off) but search for colon cleanse products.
    It will mean a weekend on the toilet but hey, well worth it ,you will feel fantastic afterwards.

2. The body needs oxygen and if it were filled with oxygen then most smells,illnesses, parasites etc would not be able to survive.
    aerobic oxygen (****** it) is great. You put 20 drops into water and drink 3 times a day and it gives your body lots of oxygen, including your blood cells.

3. fill up on GOOD bacteria ie acidopulus have a search for good bacteria products, these will balance your PH and your body odour SHOULD be a thing of the past.

Hope this was useful, good luck

Denny33

Old 03-16-2005, 03:17 PM   #4
    oioi
    (male)

oioi HB User

After having a shower or a bath, dry your underarms and lye down on your back for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes are up, use your spray. It should stop you sweat as much. Iím not sure why but a doctor told me for some reason it should level some chemicals in your body. Yeah well... give it a go anyway.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
    Sunlover
    Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

Goldenwings made a lot of sense, especially after you saying that people are rubbing their noses like they are ALLERGIC to your scent. Many people are sensitive and/or allergic to perfumes, aftershaves, etc and this could be the problem. The ones that don't seem to "smell" you probably SMELL the nice scents, but it doesn't bother them at all. I am SURE your wife would tell you if she has told you other times - I know I tell MY husband!

The strange looks are probably from the fact it isn't "politically correct" to wear scents anymore (stupid, but true!!) - that kind of stuff only makes me do it MORE! LOL!

Old 03-17-2005, 03:39 AM   #6
    gemmy200
    (female)

gemmy200 HB User

I know in my case, there are certain scents I can't wear because they "sour" on me. I personally cant wear anything containing musky scents. Try changing your body spray and see if that helps.Good luck and God bless!

Old 03-30-2005, 04:50 AM   #7
    denny33
    Inactive
    (female)

denny33 HB User

after everything dpman has said about his weight and bad eating habits etc i cant believe there are people on here who think he is using the wrong BODY SPRAY! give me a break!

Change your spray if you want dp but it wont make the slightest bit of difference to your problem.

Old 03-31-2005, 07:28 AM   #8
    washee

washee HB User

I agree with the possibility of you overdoing body spray. Do you shower and wash your hair every morning? What about your clothing, do you wash it after each use?

Last edited by washee; 03-31-2005 at 07:29 AM.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:16 AM   #9
    Xevius
    Inactive
    (male)

Xevius HB User

Hate to brake it to you bud, BUT IF I smell things other people cannot smell
    it only means one thing. olefactory (never could spell this one) hallucinations.
    Meaning, you need to MAKE 100% sure that you indeed have a bad odour and that othe rpeole can smell it when U can, or when U cant. key word here is OTHER people. if U R the only one that can smell it I strongly recommend seeing a psychiatrist. Doesnt mean U R completely mad,...or I dont want to worry U, but things like that happen, there R drugs U can take that will stop U from smelling these things.
    Good luck to U.

I am not sure which of the two I wish U have, BO or mild Sch.
    well, at least U have support.
    Bye
    Xevius

Old 03-31-2005, 10:24 AM   #10
    Sunlover
    Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

Xevius, maybe he just has a sensitive nose. I have a sensitive nose and smell things others can't - for instance natural gas - I've had the gas company here because I smell it and they think I'm nuts, but then they've gone to get their little tester and bingo! It picks it up! I've gone somewhere and said, "I smell corkboard" - NO one else smelled it, and then someone found a piece on the floor. Don't assume that people are crazy just because YOUR smeller isn't the best.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:51 AM   #11
    dpman
    (male)

dpman HB User

Thanks for all the support and feedback.

I think that Xevius could be dead on! I've asked just about everyone I know, including strangers if they could smell an odor. I always get the same answer, which is NO. Again, I CAN NOT smell anything. I think this could really be all in my head. After I started to realize that, I noticed that people weren't really rubbing their noses around me as much. Some people still do but hell it could be anything, allergies etc. If anyone has any other advice, I'd love to hear.

Thanks!

Old 04-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #12
    storm12
    (female)

storm12 HB User

As you just said, it could be allergies. I work in a public building, and I can generally tolerate all kinds of scents (I tend to mouth-breathe at work, otherwise I would mentally go crazy with all of the scents) - except when someone comes in wearing something that is heavily perfumed - even some lotions! It sets off my nasal allergies, even if I am not trying to breathe through my nose.

Old 04-06-2005, 12:04 PM   #13
    Madonna
    (female)

Madonna HB User

How over weight are you? If you are obese, bacteria can live in the skin folds and put off an odor. This odor, along with perfume to cover it can literally smell awful. Your wife probably doesnt smell it because she is around you all the time and has become immune to it.

Also, I have noticed if someone doesnt like me, they may rub their nose or sniff when near me. It is a form of body language. Do you get along well with the people at work?

I am not saying any of this is you, they are just ideas.

Old 04-07-2005, 04:32 PM   #14
    Xevius
    Inactive
    (male)

Xevius HB User

Sunlover, I dont need to answer you do I.
    dpman. You should visit a doctor that is a qualified psychiatrist.
    Best case scenario: he will say that there is no reason for U to see him again!!!!!! Then try to get on with ur life.

HOWEVER, if YOU have something which U have not picked up yet and he so happens to pick it up --(despite the perception of BO)
    it would be GOOD man!!
    nothing bad can come . People with mild schiz, R helped so much when treated early.
    Considering what I have gone thru with BB, being mild psychotic is a bliss...
    Best of luck

Closed Thread