It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Lump in throat, hard to swallow...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2005, 08:55 AM   #1
    Leonard4

Leonard4 HB User
    Lump in throat, hard to swallow...

Woke up this morning feeling like total crap, been feeling flu like symptoms last few days, cold chills, lil bit of shakeyness, headaches, the usual run of the mill stuff.

After being up for about 20mins I got a severe sour stomache feeling, and knew I was gonna be sick, so tried to drink some water and got some air to try to calm my stomache down. Well that didn't work, ran to the bathroom and had one of the worst vomiting sessions I can recall having (i'm 26yrs old so had a few). After about 4-5 bursts I felt a huge lump in my throat, I figured it was just a food particle, thought of which caused me to gag/vomit again, at this time I had a small bit of blood come out with the stomache acid/food. Did not have anything else come up, I tried to drink some water and it burned/stung like no other. Now when I swallow it feels like someones pushing against the back of my neck into my throat and it hurts and makes it difficult to swalllow, feels like I swallowed a golf ball and its just stuck there. Been there for about 4-5 hrs now and not only does it hurt, but its driving me insane with all the constant swallowing.

Guess my question is did I tear something or break something in my throat? Can't seem to find anything on this aside from a hiatal hernia, but that seems like the feeling would be lower, this feels like its above my adams apple.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 10:25 AM   #2
    cmmm47

cmmm47 HB User
    Cool Re: Lump in throat, hard to swallow...

I would suggest you see a doctor today. The little bit of blood is probably nothing to worry about but I think you need to be looked at just to be sure. The stomach acid can be very irritating to the throat and mouth - can you try to take sips of water to help settle your stomach and throat?

Closed Thread