It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Internal shaking

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-18-2005, 07:48 PM   #16
    akrogers
    (female)

akrogers HB User
    Re: Internal shaking

I experience the internal shaking you describe when sleeping (I notice it when falling asleep or when waking up -- sometimes it wakes me up) either during a nap or at night. I'm 32. I do have Neurocardiogenic Syncope (NCS - I feel faint at times) but my doctors say it shouldn't cause that, although I've only experienced the shaking inside since having NCS. My neurologist thinks it's anxiety brought on by the NCS -- not that it's in my head or anything, but illnesses can cause anxiety symptoms without you necessarily being stressed about it mentally. I'm not explaining it as well as the neurologist did, but he made me feel that I wasn't crazy or anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2005, 08:22 PM   #17
    BioAdoptMom3
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

Have they checked your potassium? I am assuming they have, but if not ask them to check it. I have the same symptoms from time to time, including limb weakness. I thought something very serious could be wrong but just learned it was potassium. They checked it because they had just put me on a low dose water pill for borderline high blood pressure, which I hadn't even started before I was tested. My doctor said they often don't check this in younger people unless they have a specific reason (I am in my mid 40s) because its not that common.

Hope you feel better soon.

Nancy

Old 06-19-2005, 07:53 AM   #18
    zeez
    (female)

zeez HB User

Hi,

I just stumbled across this thread. I don't have the internal shaking you describe, but my husband does. He is diagnosed with essential tremor. His endocrinologist prescribed high doses of Mycelin (that may not be the name, but it was a barbituate based drug) that reduced the tremor a little but he stopped taking it because of the side effects.

Hope you're doin' better.
    ~zeez

PS We and his dr think his tremor (and other issues) are due to solvent exposure while in the military.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:35 AM   #19
    Tzu
    (female)

Tzu HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lisa30777
    Hello,

Hope someone can point me the right way,i keep getting what i can only describe as internal shaking it happens at different times of the day,and my doctors is putting this down to Anxiety after tests have came back normal (glucose, fbc, thyroid )which i know its not,its quite scary when it happens i feel weak lighthead and spaced out.

I also have what the doctors think is GERD.

Any ideas? if anyone has any questions so you can help me more please ask.

Im so sick of been sick

Thanks
    Lisa
    I have had this internal trembling in my stomuch when I am feeling nervous. Deffinately an anxiety thing for me and I have not had it now for some time since I have been more settled in life and on anti depressants.

Closed Thread