It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

bad knuckle pain please help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #1
tchn9negirl
(female)

tchn9negirl HB User
Question bad knuckle pain please help

On halloween i got pretty angry and punched a cement wall a couple times. i went to the doctor they took exrays and told me nothing was wrong, just to ice it and it will go away. well now it is april the swelling has gone down, but is still somewhat swollen. my middle and pointer finger still hurt when i try to do movements, like craking my knuckles and the both have lateral pain also, like when moving side to side. i dont know what is wrong with my hand and cant find anything on the net that describes the pain i have. i dont currently have medical insurance and cannot afford another doctors visit until i have insurance. Does anyone out there possibly know what could be wrong with my fingers?? could it be that i tore the tendons?? if someone could tell me MAYBE what i have it would be a great help until i can go to the doctor. thank you for taking the time to read this
Brittany

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2005, 10:29 PM   #2
kisa

kisa HB User
Re: bad knuckle pain please help

thats a long time to be in pain. the only thing I can think of is that your fingers had swelled so much, that it did not show the damage at the time. did they give you a follow up recomendation?, if they had, & even though you do not have insurance, they are required by law to treat you, (in most states). Call your local health department, they should have MD's on call that treat the uninusred. If not, they can tell who may, like a local Chatholic Hospital with a Mercy care program. There is low cost health care out there, but its hard to track down sometimes. Good luck to you & welcome to the boards. Do not get dicouraged if few respond to you, there is so many threads here, & its easy to get lost in the shuffel, & you aren't allowed to get personal, example is, you can not share e-mail or personal information to protect each other. It does get frustrating, but I am sure there are reasons. But in the end, its a wonderful place to get information, & support. Scroll down & look for carpel tunnel, have you tried that area of the web yet?. It may be nerves, but I would try to find health care if you can.

Let us know you are
Kisa

Old 04-03-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
tchn9negirl
(female)

tchn9negirl HB User
Smile Re: bad knuckle pain please help

thank you for your help im glad someone finally answered me. I am curently in the process of getting medical insurance... we will see. thanks for the help, and i am glad i found this service, these boards are really nice. its nice to have people to talk to.
thanks again
B.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:21 PM   #4
tchn9negirl
(female)

tchn9negirl HB User
Unhappy Re: bad knuckle pain please help

does anyone else know what may have caused this pain? i am at a loss.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:35 PM   #5
kisa

kisa HB User
Re: bad knuckle pain please help

~~ B~~ I hope that you do not have a long wait to obtain your insurance, in the meantime, can you get a list of Dr.'s that your coverage will honer & make the appoinment now so that the wait time will be shorter when its all said & done?, or if you have one, ask them of they take your plan. Good luck to you, & be safe with your hands, (try not to hit any thing, it seems when a part of the bod. is hurt, we bang the area no matter what). How long do you need to wait?

Peace sent in your direction
Kisa

Old 04-04-2005, 10:32 PM   #6
tchn9negirl
(female)

tchn9negirl HB User
Talking Re: bad knuckle pain please help

kisa~~
thank you for your support.
i currently got a new job which has medical insurance i just have to wait like a month. the only reason i am so scared of all this is because i am currently training to be a paramedic and you know as well as i how much the hands need to be used. and the thought of having early arthritis, which could potentially end my job career in 10 years or so scares the hell out of me. i am just supprised that the doctors at a HOSPITAL said there was nothing wrong yet at the same time i knew there was, hence: the swelling still hasent gone down???? kinda strange. they took 8 x rays. and couldnt see anything. BUT... can you even see tendons in an x ray or is it strictly bones? only time will tell i have never had anything hurt this long and at my last job i accidentally hurt the fingers in front of a paramedic and he asked me some questions and said it is most likely tendons that have torn and said there is no real way to fix it.
AHHHH but like you said i am going to make the appointment sometime this week or so. i guess the quicker the better right? i will let you know if you are interested, whats going on. thanks for being so nice. its kinda hard to find that these days..... hey im only 21 and i know that, kinda scary. this site is GREAT and i look forward to helping anyone who needs it.
thanks again
B.

Closed Thread