It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Normal adult temperature question

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler HB User
Question Normal adult temperature question

My temperature has sometimes gone up as high as 100F over the last 10 years since I have taken it regularly but most of the time it's 97 or 98 (point) somthing. I have been noticing that it seems to go higher after I eat a full meal and more toward the evenings. For example, I took it once or twice today and it was normal but in the evening I ate a big dinner (with second helpings) and then took it and it was 99.4.

Well, I freaked and thought this was a sign of something aweful and so I started looking around to see what the normal adult human temp was supposed to be and everyone seems to have an opinion on this so it just confused me. Is it normal for your temp to go up after a meal and just what is the normal oral temp for an adult?. I have been using a digital thermometer and I still don't trust it.

Also, the pollen has been very high in my area for ages and I suffer from chronic sinusitis and allergic rhinitis. I also have a lot of furry and feathered pets, hay, etc. My nose has been all crusty and plugged up pretty good too. My eyes go from bone-dry to watery and I even get this white film of dried tears on the sides of my eyes some mornings. Normal?.

Could any of this make you have a temp or is'nt this a temp at all?.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
last1
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User
Re: Normal adult temperature question

Normal adult temp seems to be 98.6 with some fluctuation up or down. For example, my normal temp is usually around 97.9.
As for the pollen issues, it sounds as though you have a case of sinusitis. Along with the congestion, swollen and reddened eyes it sounds as though the pollen in your area is working you over.

Last edited by last1; 04-06-2005 at 07:03 PM. Reason: add more

Closed Thread