It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

bodyhair just started turning black and white

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #1
sndchck

sndchck HB User
bodyhair just started turning black and white

This is very odd because im a redhead. This just started about 7 months ago.

sore knees that come and go, but generally always hurt when walking down stairs.

lethargic which is odd because i've always been very excited.

brain fog - i'll ride a bike somewhere and leave forgetting the bike! Or i'll completely forget about something scheduled.

wake up sick every morning until i finally eat. I also get shaky after a couple hours of not eating - and very negative and moody to extremes. I eat and then basically become a different person.

ALL of this came on at the same time. I'm not a drinker, smoker or addict of any kind. But, i have been going through serious financial difficulties and haven't been able to eat properly - sometimes i don't eat for a couple of days! I also dated someone about 1 1/2 yrs ago who told me (after) that she used to be a heroin addict and also worked the streets! (thanks for the info)

Anyhow, could any of these symptoms be related to an STD or Diabetes?

me - confused

Last edited by sndchck; 04-10-2005 at 03:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2005, 09:26 PM   #2
Soibhan
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User
Re: bodyhair just started turning black and white

When I was reading your symptoms, I was thinking diabetes. The only way you're going to know is to see your doctor. If stress is causing all these symptoms, you may need some anti-anxiety medication. If your blood sugar is out of control, that can be treated. So don't panic--just go see your doctor and get some help. You must be rather miserable. Good luck!

Old 04-11-2005, 02:53 AM   #3
sndchck

sndchck HB User

Thank you for the suggestion!
Here's another point of interest... I started drinking water (bottled) last week and noticed my knees weren't as bad. They would still hurt when i walked downstairs (on and off), but not just when i was sitting around.

I ran out of water and didn't drink any since last Friday
(Sunday/monday 2:45am now) and my right knee began aching real bad for no reason. I guzzled back a bunch of water (bottled again) and in about 5 minutes the pain was gone. Very odd - or not? Anyhow, i got some work this weekend so i can eat and drink qwater all week! Yaeh me!

I'll see how much of a difference this makes - also, i used to bodybuild but since i was out of work for the last 7 months i had to mostly quit, but i do it any day i can eat. (lol, this is pretty pathetic). Anyhow, when i excersice i feel amazing! About 10 times better immediately after a workout and of course eating.

Is all this typical of a diabetic?
thanks for any input!

Old 04-11-2005, 09:15 PM   #4
Soibhan
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

Unless you are very dehydrated, I can't imagine why your joints would stop aching just by drinking a lot of water. Are you urinating a lot more than usual? I think seeing a doctor is a good idea for you because IF you have diabetes (and I'm not saying you, but just a possibility) you need to be treated to avoid complications. Let us know how you're doing.

Old 04-16-2005, 03:58 AM   #5
sndchck

sndchck HB User

Well, just got a job again so the starving thing should go away now.

Anyhow, today i went the whole day without eating until i got to a point where i couldn't even get myself going to the store. I began feeling very confused and my mind was racing. I'd think that i needed to get cleaned up before going, but couldn't decide if i should shave first, shower or get my clothes ready. It took me about 2 hours to get going.

Then as i was walking there, i felt weightless and just very cloudy in my head. Anyone who saw me would most likely have thought i was stoned.
As i came out of the store i ran across the street because a car came out pretty quick. I immediatelyi got very sick, shakey and weak. I had to stop for a bit.

I got home and ate the following:
- a ham/cheese sandwich w. white bread
- 1L of chocolate milk

boom! I was suddenly in a euphoric state. It was as if i had a bunch of muscle relaxers or something. I just felt like going to sleep.

A few days ago when i (again) hadn't eaten for a while, I had some:
- pasta noodles with just ketchup. (hey, i had no $)
I immediately felt better for a few minutes but then felt like i was burning up. This lasted about 20 minutes and i felt just as bad as i did before i ate. So it did absolutely nothing for me i suppose.

About 3 days ago, i started the day with some:
- begals/creme cheese
- 2 bottles of O.J.
i felt great but then felt very shakey all of a sudden after about 45 minutes. I ate:
- 2 granola bars
and it went away.

Around lunch time, i was starting to feel a little confused again and had:
- Double Big Mac
- McFlurry (ice cream/oreo cookies)
and felt fantastic for the rest of the day.

What i find interesting is how high fat food makes me feel better. I can wake up and eat 4 eggs with toast and O.J. and still not feel right in a short while. Then i add something like ice cream and it's even better.

I think i will go get tested now.
Thanks for the input!

Last edited by sndchck; 04-16-2005 at 10:59 AM.

Closed Thread