It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

23 male pressure around head off balance feeling

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2005, 11:54 PM   #1
mondago123
(male)

mondago123 HB User
23 male pressure around head off balance feeling

i am 23 in very good health started months ago feeling off balance and i saw a doc and he said i had vertigo so i took anibiotics and it went a way,that was about a year ago! i got rid of the feeling and then one day it came back and i noticed my eye site changed! looking at lights on say a cable box looksa a bit blurry!! i usually never had eye problems !! well i am gonna see a doc soon on that!! well 5 months ago i went to see the doc and he said i had vertigo/sinitisitus and he said i could not take sudafed untill i saw a doc about bp cause i was under a lot of stress at the time and it was high thid visit!!! well he said take nasal spray and take this medicine for the dizziness so i did and i still to this day have stuffy nose and blood in my snot and sometimes get a nose bleed but have not for a while!! during this time from oct to now i was stressed about my bp and every where i went it was a 130-140 over 70-80 so i was nervous and could not take a bp check with out being nervous!! well i saw a new doc couplr days ago and he said it was 123 /75 and the nurse before said it was 120/60 so i was in relief and i forgot to ask him about the head pressure and of balance!!! my ears pop and i can feel pressure around them!!! so if it is not my bp then what the hell is it going on with me? i am an active person jogs a lot so is it some sort of infection in my inner ear,my equelibrium,my head,my nose or even sinus problems in my head and nose!! i do get head aches and sensation up my nose sometimes!! allergies? any help would be appreciated thanx
shane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 07:54 PM   #2
frustrated35
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User
Re: 23 male pressure around head off balance feeling

My doc would say that it's a sign that you're getting older! But seriously, it's probably just allergies. If I stopped up, my ears are glogged and pop I need to take a decongestant to get things moving. I will also have vertigo problems if I'm congested. It means your equilibruim (spelling?) is off. My vision is also blury when I have allergy problems. It does suck! This time of year is so bad for me because of my allergy problems and it's just something I have had all my life. I just have to work it into my schedule. Good luck!

Old 04-18-2005, 01:48 AM   #3
mondago123
(male)

mondago123 HB User

thanks but do my symptoms sound as no major threat to my health cause i am an active person!!well thank u so much it helps relief the stress and can allergies cause chest discomfort other than a pulled muscle?

thanks

Old 04-18-2005, 08:39 AM   #4
last1
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

Here's what I think: Ask your doctor about Miniere's disease. This is a condition that affects the inner ear (not really a disease) and cause people to feel off balance and nauseous. A medication for the treatment of this issue is Antivert.
It doesn't sound like it's blood pressure problem because your B/P is generally low (except when you think about your blood pressure). So, I would go with inner ear issues. If your active, please don't climb any mountains or walk any tight-ropes until this issue is resolved. Good luck - cflas.

Old 04-18-2005, 08:49 AM   #5
lisa30777
(female)

lisa30777 HB User

The bit about the sensation up your nose rang a bell ive been having something like this but i get a sort of internal shakey feeling as well when it happens .quite scarey really.can you describe what you mean by sensation for me please ?(mines a kinda pressure a really strange feeling)

Last edited by lisa30777; 04-18-2005 at 08:50 AM.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:42 AM   #6
frustrated35
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondago123
thanks but do my symptoms sound as no major threat to my health cause i am an active person!!well thank u so much it helps relief the stress and can allergies cause chest discomfort other than a pulled muscle?

thanks
I wish I was an expert, but only your doc can tell you if something is a health cause. YES! Allergies can and does cause chest discomfort for me. It does feel like a pulled muscle as well as maybe someone sitting on my chest. Do you have asthma? Shortness of breath or have that can't catch your breath feeling at times? I had it as a baby, grew out of it and was just diagnosed with it 2 years ago. When my asthma acts up, my allergies go crazy. Ask your doc.

Last edited by frustrated35; 04-18-2005 at 11:43 AM.

Old 04-18-2005, 03:57 PM   #7
mondago123
(male)

mondago123 HB User

the sensation up my nose is like a burning feeling that will go up my nose slowly!!thats the best way to describe it!!

Old 04-18-2005, 04:02 PM   #8
mondago123
(male)

mondago123 HB User

i dont have asthma and i did as a baby but grew out of it and have not had it since then as far as i know!! what are symptoms of astma? i dont have difficulty breathing!!
no shortness of breath unless i am nervous taking blood pressure readings!! i have been having that problem lately getting high reaadings cause of anxiety and nervousness from stress!! i saw 2 docs 1 said i had high bp but just last week i got a 2nd opinion and this doc said it was 122 over75 which is good !! well thanks

shane

Old 04-18-2005, 04:08 PM   #9
frustrated35
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User

I think you would know if you had asthma. The only way I can describe it is that I get shortness of breath, can't take deep breaths, feels like someone is sitting on my chest. I've told my boss and seen a billboard ad that said Having Asthma is like a fish out of water. That's the best way I can describe it. Sorry to hear about the bp. I get a little anxious when they take mine, but if you tell them that you're a little anxious they should take that into consideration. I'm a high strung person, so mine is usually 132/92. That might be high for a normal person, but my doc is convinced that it is normal for me. The funny thing is, when I'm sick, my bp appears "normal". This is when he can tell I'm sick without even going over my symptoms.

Closed Thread