It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Can't figure this out. Headache..seven days..more.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
Soulcatcher
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Question Can't figure this out. Headache..seven days..more.

Once or twice a year I get this and have no idea what it's from and I am hoping someone has had the experience to pass along information. Here are my symptoms. I'm 33...I get a headache that lasts days..right now it's been about six days. Light nasea, pain behind eyes, gas in stomach, pressure in ears, the headache is on the top of my head and feels as if someone is squeezing it from the sides together. When I am outside it doesn't seem to hurt as bad but if I am inside it seems to intensify. I did eat chocolates a week ago so not sure if it's a food allergy, I have three little kids so it could be a tension or stress headache..I have the nausea so it could be a migraine. But here's the part that stumps me....I have taken extra strength Tylonol and nothing.....Tylonol 4's (two at one time) and nothing....Migraine meds (Axerty and Imetrex) nothing..Aleve, nothing. I can NOT get rid of this headache. I had an MRI one time in the ER and it was fine. The doctor gave me something that got rid of it but it had big time caffiene whatever it was and I was restless to the point I thought I was going crazy. Our weather has been normal (Florida). Please please please....tell me what this is or what you have done to get rid of it. Thank you so much. Sorry about the catagory, not sure where to post. Shannon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2005, 08:38 PM   #2
SunnySmiles2u
(female)

SunnySmiles2u HB User
Re: Can't figure this out. Headache..seven days..more.

Hi Shannon,

Well if you have seen a doctor for it, I am not sure, but a friend of mine who has migranes very often told me something her new doctor told her and it worked.

He told her to watch her salt intake especially before her menstral cycle. He told her to read food packages because our food is so salt laden and even if the label says it is healthy, there may be extreme amounts of sodium in it. He also told her to drink more water and to stay away from beverages with nutra sweet in it because it can cause bad head aches too. Anyway, she tried all of this and has been well ever since. She had taken meds for migranes for over 10 years and still had headaches. Now she has been headache free for almost 2 years.

Well, I hope that helps. But that is all of the advice I can offer you

I hope you feel better soon!

Sunny

Old 04-21-2005, 09:41 PM   #3
Soulcatcher
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

Thank you. I will make myself aware of my salt intake also. At this point I'm willing to try anything. I eat alot of chicken and salads, but you never know when you do get a food with alot of salt. I NEVER do nutra sweet or anything like that. Thanks for taking time to respond.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:27 PM   #4
zuzu8
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Soulcatcher,

Try to keep your sodium intake down to around 2400mg a day. (That sounds like a lot but is equivilent to only 1 teaspoon table salt.)

Don't add salt to your meals and read those labels! Salads are great but if you are consuming store-bought salad dressing, a couple of tablespoons of that can be LOADED with sodium....Wishbone Italian has 490mg per 2 measly tablespoons!

zuzu xx

Old 04-22-2005, 08:53 PM   #5
Soulcatcher
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

YIKES. I bought store bought salads that has eggs and spinach and bacon all in it and it comes with the salad dressing. Great. Thanks for the 2400mg info.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:27 PM   #6
zuzu8
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

If you want to follow the 2400mg regimen, I think the bacon bits ALONE are about a week's worth of sodium!!!!
...And bacon is loaded with NITRATES which actually gives a lot of people, (wait for it...) HEADACHES.

( which leads me to wonder if maybe you've developed a sensitivity to artificial preservatives.)

P.S. I make my own salad dressing from balsamic vinegar (must be balsamic..has a wonderful taste) and olive oil, and then throw in lots of garlic and spices but no salt.

Also the olive oil is actually good for you. The hydrogenated oils in bottled dressings are as bad as it gets for your cholesterol and arteries!

Ain't life grand?

zuzu xx

Old 04-25-2005, 12:07 PM   #7
Soulcatcher
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I don't know if I can watch my salt. LOL Lets hope it's something else. It's all I have left.

Old 04-26-2005, 06:35 PM   #8
Soulcatcher
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

Well. I just thought I would post that my headache finally went away after eight days. I had all that gas in my tummy and felt quizzey. I think it was a virus. It sucked so I hope none of you ever get it. No pain meds worked on the headache.

Closed Thread