It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Help, I don't know what this is

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
lilcee
(female)

lilcee HB User
Help, I don't know what this is

This is what is happening - a few times (usually at night) I've had this "shaky" feeling - kinda like chills - I shake all over. Then after a little while, I start gagging like I'm going to throw up. Only I don't, maybe just a little phlem but usually nothing at all. Then the shakes stop but I feel so yucky after. I've had this happen a few times but like I said - it's at night.
Does it sound like anxiety? I have a trip coming up in a few days. I'm not really nervous about it but I am exited about it.
I don't know what this is and it's hard to explain.
I've had these shakes before when I was about to have surgery and I was really nervous. Thanks for your help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #2
DGO1223
Inactive
(female)

DGO1223 HB User
Re: Help, I don't know what this is

Does this happen when you are in bed? sleeping? If sleeping, does it wake you up? What about headaches afterwards?

It does sound a bit like an anxiety attack or something like it.

Old 05-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #3
lilcee
(female)

lilcee HB User

It doesn't wake me up. I'm already awake when it happens. I don't have headaches after, just really tired. I'm usually nervus about something or not feeling good. I wondered if it was anxiety. I don't know why I would have anxiety attacks. I never used to. I get nervus about alot of things I never have before - like just going to church or to the store. I know it sounds silly, but sometimes I'm afraid to go somewhere because I'm afraid I'm going to get sick. It's hard to enjoy thngs with my family because I never feel good. I always feel so bad, pains, aching, tired all the time. Feel like I have the flu alot. I also think I may have firbromyalgia because I have several of the symtoms.

Old 05-12-2005, 09:30 PM   #4
Soibhan
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

I used to have exactly what you describe when I was growing up and even in college. I never knew what it was and neither did my mother--I kind of think she thought I was faking. Anyway, I haven't had a spell like that in years. But now that I think back on it, I believe it was probably anxiety related and it sounds like yours is too. Mine also only happened during the night hours.

Old 05-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #5
desertflower
(female)

desertflower HB User

lilcee,

I have alot of stomache problems and I think 90% due to anxiety. I had the same symptoms happen to me about 6 mos ago. It really freaked me out. I started shaking and then got really nauseated like I was gonna gag and then toss my cookies. I was really nervous about it but it eventually passed. It really sounds to me like what we have/had is anxiety and I would not worry to much about it. I hope you have a good night tonight and me too because i am having problems right now and hope my tummy settles down. Take care.

DF

Old 05-13-2005, 01:40 AM   #6
natchr

natchr HB User

Lilcee, it is possible to have anxiety attacks at night. This is the time when you're not preoccupied with other activities... when your mind has time to dwell on those things that worry you. It may very well be anxiety. But, when anxiety becomes so strong as to cause physical symptoms, when you begin altering your daily routine and missing out on experiences with your family, isn't it time to find out what's going on? Why don't you discuss this with your doctor... you'll feel better. If it is anxiety, he/she may be able to guide you in ways of dealing with your stress. Or he may prescribe something. Better than tremors and vomiting in the middle of the night! ;-) And if it's not anxiety, but part of some other health issue, you need to know that, too. Good luck.

Closed Thread