It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Bad taste and chronic dry mouth. Help Please!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
Seriphina
Inactive
(female)

Seriphina HB User
Unhappy Bad taste and chronic dry mouth. Help Please!

recently i've started having chronic dry mouth. and i mean, not just feeling dry but really being dry. i can drink all the water i want and it doesn't help a minute later my mouth is dry again. this happens before i eat anything. as soon as i eat something i've noticed that i always have a bad taste in my mouth afterwards that never seems to go away. i could brush my teeth, (then it's back to dry mouth again) or eat candy, mints, drink soda. anthing. and i have a nasty taste in my mouth. and i feel like i have awful bad breath.

anyone have any idea what might be causing something like this? help please?!?!?! it's driving me crazy and starting to cause a problem at work cause i'm drinking so much water that i'm constantly going to the bathroom.

Last edited by Seriphina; 05-20-2005 at 03:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
blase2
Inactive
(male)

blase2 HB User
Re: Bad taste and chronic dry mouth. Help Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriphina
recently i've started having chronic dry mouth. and i mean, not just feeling dry but really being dry. i can drink all the water i want and it doesn't help a minute later my mouth is dry again. this happens before i eat anything. as soon as i eat something i've noticed that i always have a bad taste in my mouth afterwards that never seems to go away. i could brush my teeth, (then it's back to dry mouth again) or eat candy, mints, drink soda. anthing. and i have a nasty taste in my mouth. and i feel like i have awful bad breath.

anyone have any idea what might be causing something like this? help please?!?!?! it's driving me crazy and starting to cause a problem at work cause i'm drinking so much water that i'm constantly going to the bathroom.
get help here.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=273193

Old 05-20-2005, 09:53 PM   #3
Soibhan
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

Are you taking any medications that might cause this? Allergy meds and narcotic pain meds are only a couple of drugs that can cause dry mouth.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:50 PM   #4
daylilycat
(female)

daylilycat HB User

Sometimes this is a sign of sugar diabetes. To be safe i would get my sugar level checked

Old 05-21-2005, 03:33 PM   #5
mya123
(female)

mya123 HB User

Is dry mouth your only symptom? ie Can you produce tears? If not then you should also get checked for Sjogens Syndrome. IN the meantime, Biotene mouthwash and saliva substitute help with dry mouth. It contains enzymes naturally found in saliva, this should help with the bad taste also.

Last edited by mya123; 05-21-2005 at 03:34 PM.

Closed Thread