It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• IM scared to get a girl friend becuase of my bad breath!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #1
    MossBurn
    (male)

MossBurn HB User
    IM scared to get a girl friend becuase of my bad breath!

Im scared to get a girlfriend,

becuase of my bad breath.

Myex friends, used to talk about my breath, behinde my back.

Kids also at school used to talk about my breath.

Im so self conciouns, about my breath now.

I used winter fresh gun everywhere i go,

I dont want to get a girlfriend, and she stop liking me becuase of my breath.

I just want to be normal, like other boy friend and girl friend couples.

Can someone help?

ThankYou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2005, 09:01 AM   #2
    Kingfisher
    (male)

Kingfisher HB User
    Re: IM scared to get a girl friend becuase of my bad breath!

Dear MossBurn, you've probably already had lots of advice on diet. Something else you could try is a product called 'Eliminator', it is basically a mouthwash, but it does not contain any alcohol or other harmful ingredients. It does not mask smell, it eliminates the cause, if indeed the cause is in your mouth. It's worth a try, if you are interested let me know where you are and I'll tell you where you can get some. {REMOVED}

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MossBurn
    Im scared to get a girlfriend,

becuase of my bad breath.

Myex friends, used to talk about my breath, behinde my back.

Kids also at school used to talk about my breath.

Im so self conciouns, about my breath now.

I used winter fresh gun everywhere i go,

I dont want to get a girlfriend, and she stop liking me becuase of my breath.

I just want to be normal, like other boy friend and girl friend couples.

Can someone help?

ThankYou

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-23-2005 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Please don't provide off board contact information. Thanks, ms_mod

Old 05-23-2005, 05:59 PM   #3
    A_rafferty
    (female)

A_rafferty HB User

You could have some food trapped in your tonsils. Take a look at them and see if you have white spots on them, you can pick them out carefully with a q-tip. Also make sure you brush your teeth and tongue often and floss every day. Food build up is usually the cause of bad breath. Also you could look up halitosis and see if that's something you might have.

Old 05-23-2005, 06:09 PM   #4
    Thanatos86
    (male)

Thanatos86 HB User

Please join us on this thread:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=273193

Old 06-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #5
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

I have been following along the BB threads for a long time. yes, i suffered from BB all of my life and has endured tremedous amoung of shame, self-comdemnation, defeat and hopelessness. despite feeling utterlly hopeless of finding a cure, im pressing onward of hopes until there's nothing to hope for. Recently i had a Somnoplasty precedure done. to make a long story short, it supposs to clear up congestion and snoring. basically the somnoplaysty eliminates snoring. my uvula has been reduced by 5o% and my congestion as well. I've noticed since the operation my BB has been reduced somewhat. i won't know the full extent until my operation is fully healed. the uvula no longer touches the back of my tongue and PND mucus doesn't collect around the back of my throat as much, where VSC builds up-a perfect breeding ground for sulfur compound. I will attempt to set up an appiontment with an ENT for possible sinus infection as I read "chuckwho" was cured of BB. I also had a Septoplasty done for deviated septum 12yrs. ago. It did nothing to for my BB condition. I will let you know how the Somnoplasty is helping to allevate my BB as my throat and nasal cavity heals. i won't put too much stocks on hope as i have been dissappionted many times over by a "cure"

Old 06-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #6
    noptical
    (male)

noptical HB User

Don't believe Kingfisher that's a lie and he just registered to advertise his stupid product. None of these products work, they are just temporary solutions and most of the time they don't work at all. Try to find the root of the problem and cure it. Search healthboards for "bad breath" and read all posts by user "chuckwho". You'll find plenty of information regarding your problem, there are lots of people here with this problem.
    Take care

Old 06-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #7
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

Thanks, Noptical;
    I appreciate your honesty. By now I have exhausted every possibilities targeting my mouth and the origin of my BB. Perhaps it's time to target my sinus problems. I feel this may be better as I have used every breath product out there. I am so desperate in finding some alleviation from my BB. The humiliation, isolation, and hopelessness has to end. There gotta be a cure, or even a reduction of 50% is an improvement. I will seek the help of ear, nose, and throat, ENT, dr. for help. I did read "chuckwho" and he has been cured. Howevever, I don't know exactly what surgery procedure he had. I had a deviated septum/septoplasty performed ab 12yrs ago. It did nothing to alleviated BB. Perhaps it's infection related since I have PND all my life. Thanks

Old 06-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #8
    susanv
    (female)

susanv HB User

I dont know if you have seen a dental hygienist. But it can very very likely be periodontal disease. You HAVE to also brush your tongue when you brush because you have a million papilla that hold in and ferment bacteria. It is like garbage just sitting in there. Also just brushing and flossing may not be enough, but I can smell someone with perio from a mile away. I am a dental hygiene student, but have worked in dental for 20 yrs. Try this and rinse with Pro Health mouthrinse (helps kill bacteria) and just see what it does. Could be lots of other things but try this. Good Luck to you.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:45 AM   #9
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

Susan,
    My problem with BB isn't oral hygene as I brush 3-4x day, floss, use all kinds of breath products. Beleive me, if I had situational BB, I wouldn't mind it a bit. It 24/7 problem.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #10
    noptical
    (male)

noptical HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by susanv
    I dont know if you have seen a dental hygienist. But it can very very likely be periodontal disease. You HAVE to also brush your tongue when you brush because you have a million papilla that hold in and ferment bacteria. It is like garbage just sitting in there. Also just brushing and flossing may not be enough, but I can smell someone with perio from a mile away. I am a dental hygiene student, but have worked in dental for 20 yrs. Try this and rinse with Pro Health mouthrinse (helps kill bacteria) and just see what it does. Could be lots of other things but try this. Good Luck to you.
    No **** sherlock! Thank you for this very enlightening post! I'm sure we are all just whining about bad breath because we don't brush our teeth and wash once a year. Thanks again.

Last edited by noptical; 06-09-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:59 PM   #11
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

Noptical,
    Are you trying the Colloidal Silver for sinus infection? Denny333 was cured of her BB. Others are trying to get the same positive cured/results as she is having. Im trying now. Got a bottle lastnit at healthstore. It this works for me, it would the the greatest day of my life. Free, free at last. If not, than I will see ENT when I get back from my vacation. Im currently in Hawaii, tonight I will head over to Maui for the weekend. I sure hope this Colloidal Silver works for me, as it would sure be nice to have paranoid-free face-to-face conversations, laughters, and comfort with my friends. By the way, they know I have BB.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #12
    noptical
    (male)

noptical HB User

oceanside please read my reply about colloidal silver in that other bb thread.

Your friends know that you have bb? I never had the courage to talk about it with them but of course they know, how couldn't they :P

Old 06-09-2006, 05:48 PM   #13
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

Yes they know. How could they not know. Im lucky to have good people all around me. It's not my BB that's important to them, it's my friendship and love that's important to them. I read your comment a/b the silver, oh well there goes another crash and burn/false sense of hope in a cure. U guys knw what i mean. What happend to the rest of posters after the How bad breath changed my personality thread closed down? I dnt hear from them.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:04 AM   #14
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

Noptical,
    Have you tried any Candida remedy? I am trying one right now. Got it this morning. Giving up hope with the Colloidal Silver. I am having negative effect as it makes my sinus ever worse. Completely congested. The Candida is having some positive effect as I feel my congestion was elleviated. ONe of the symptoms is chronic congestion. Let me konw if you have some facts. I am going to bet this BB nightmare, because a gorgous young lady is pursuing a relationship with me. I aint going to run the other direction in fearing she will discover I have BB and rejects me. Thanks.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:37 AM   #15
    noptical
    (male)

noptical HB User

oceanside,
    No I haven't tried the candida remedy I hope it helps you. I had a saliva test done, ordered by my last ENT and it was fine (no candida). The result (given by the lab docotrs) said this (roughly translated):
    Growth of glossal (tongue) coating (aerobic):
    Staphylococcus

Growth of glossal (tongue) coating (anaerobic):
    Negative

Fungal Growth:
    Negative

The doc gave me some antibiotics (actually, it was some kind of medicine to help balance the growth between bad and good bacteria or something like that).

I suggest you to do a saliva test too, just tell an ENT about that white coating and that you have a weird taste in your mouth (even if it is not true). He just rubs a small q-tip-like thingy on your tongue to collect saliva and sends it to a microbiology lab for a test thats all. Cost me only 20€.

Closed Thread