It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Is it normal that im 15 and havent started my period yet?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2005, 11:41 PM   #1
cassie__08
(female)

cassie__08 HB User
Unhappy Is it normal that im 15 and havent started my period yet?

i just turned 15 years old and i have yet to start my period? is this normal .. i am active in sports! i have talked to some of my friends and they get white liquidy stuff in there underwear, but they have there periods? I get that but i dont have my period .. is this weird .. somebody please post back bc im worried

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 01:59 AM   #2
WhiskersOnKittens
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Re: Is it normal that im 15 and havent started my period yet?

Hi Cassie,
Yes, it is completely normal. Don't worry--enjoy this time, because soon enough you will get it, and every month you'll be wishing that you didn't have to deal with all that crap.
Every woman's body is different, so naturally people will begin at different times, but I'm glad that you mentioned you are very active, because that is a key indicator as to why you don't have it yet. And just because you're active, doesn't mean it won't come. I'll bet you're on the smaller side as well, right? That is also a reason that some girls don't get theirs until later on in life. It's your body's way of making sure that your body is mature enough to carry a baby, should you become pregnant. My guess is that it will probably come sometime within the next year or so. A lot of my friends didn't get theirs until they were 15 or 16 years old, when I was unfortunate enough to get mine at 11 years old...
Hope this post eased your mind! You are normal, have no fear! If you don't get it by the time you're like, 16 or 17 then your doctor might want to run some tests, but for now I think you're just fine. Take care!

Whiskers

Old 06-06-2005, 02:07 AM   #3
LOtRsfan
(female)

LOtRsfan HB User

hiya, don't worry you will get your periods and i don't think it will be long, you have discovered that your friends have started theirs before you, this is because we all start at different times,and theres no actual age where you have to start your period i've heard that many girls start when their 18 and some start when were 10 i started mine when i was 15 i think, so you'll get yours soon...this is perfectly normal!:-) and this discharge is normal too..BUT if you do see any changes in the discharge you've found in your knickers like the change of colour (it should be a whiteish kinda see-through colour) or it smells funny and your not sure if this should be normal, then i suggust you go to see your doctor cos i've heard this can be a sign of problems...and it is good that you are active, cos that'll really help when you get those cramps and they say the best thing to do is excercise, even if you don't feel like doing it, which is what i do, i don't exercise, i just sit with a hot water bottle lol

Last edited by LOtRsfan; 06-07-2005 at 07:44 AM.

Old 06-06-2005, 08:22 PM   #4
silver515
(female)

silver515 HB User

Don't worry...my daughter didn't get her period until she was l5 1/2. SHe was also very active...dancing, cheering, gymnastics...small for her age. Once she got her period her whole body changed and she grew a few inches. The doctor doesn't really seem concerned until at least l6 without a period....ONce you get it you will wish you didn't..haha..

Closed Thread