It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Blood boil?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-12-2005, 04:42 AM   #1
    Lotus_Blossom
    Inactive
    (female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User
    Question Blood boil?

I know this sounds gross but hope someone can give me an idea..I guess I pinched myself on my R leg while sitting at the computer..toward the back of my leg but still in the sensitive fleshy part..Anyway I had this bump there for the longest but it never came to a head or drained..it would come up then go away come up then go away..well a mth or so back it got kinda a little sore..not to bad though..well in the center it is real soft..I can feel what I would call a small soft indention in the ctr of the hardest part of the bump..well it has busted 3 times..it busted again only this time it had really thick bloody pus in it..it doesnt seem like an actual boil..it isnt sore like a boil..and the stuff that comes out doesnt smell..I guess I would call it a blood boil...what is the difference between a blood boil and a regular boil?Im very glad it busts on its on but I wish it would finish busting and heal!!

Last edited by Lotus_Blossom; 06-12-2005 at 04:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2005, 04:55 PM   #2
    kitkat77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kitkat77 HB User
    Re: Blood boil?

I don't think there is such a thing as a blood boil. If there is pus inside then there is an infection present. This sounds sort of like an absess. I doubt it will go away unless you see a doctor and get some antibiotics.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:50 PM   #3
    Lotus_Blossom
    Inactive
    (female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Ive heard of Blood Boils most of my life but never had one.Usually when we pinch ourself or something and blood comes to the surface they call it a BB.Im trying to treat this at home as I have Candida and steer clear of Antibiotics unless I must need them.I really dont think it is an abscess or staph boil because it doesnt smell like infection.

Old 06-12-2005, 06:53 PM   #4
    smithn
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

smithn HB User

It sounds like your boil isn't wanting to go away on its own. It sounds to me like it needs to be incised and drained. There is no such thing as a "blood boil" although there are blood blisters. Since yours contains pus, it's a boil. Sometimes boils contain a little blood when they are opened. Anyway, you need to either open it up on your own or have a doctor do it. If you lance and drain it on your own, rinse it with peroxide first and then pick up a bottle of normal saline solution from the drug store and rinse it thoroughly with that as well. Continue rinsing it with the saline solution daily, covering the wound with dry, clean gauze. I doubt you need to be on an antibiotic for this. If you keep it clean and covered, then it should heal well on its own.

Old 06-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #5
    kitkat77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kitkat77 HB User

[QUOTE=Lotus_Blossom]"I guess I pinched myself on my R leg while sitting at the computer..toward the back of my leg but still in the sensitive fleshy part.."

Boils do not come from injury - absesses do. Say for example a dog bite, even without breaking skin these areas can become infected and later burst.

"Anyway I had this bump there for the longest but it never came to a head or drained.."

A boil does have a white tip.

"it would come up then go away come up then go away..well a mth or so back it got kinda a little sore..not to bad though..well in the center it is real soft..I can feel what I would call a small soft indention in the ctr of the hardest part of the bump.."

Absesses can indent, usually a sign of a deeper infection.

QUOTE]

I'm not an advocate of antibiotics either, but unfortunately I do think they may be necessary. You need to see a doctor asap, for advice. If it is an absess the infection will never heal and only get worse.

Last edited by kitkat77; 06-12-2005 at 08:24 PM.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:57 AM   #6
    Lotus_Blossom
    Inactive
    (female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

I hope it busted for the last time the other night.That was the most"corruption"that ever came out of it.So far it hasnt drained anymore..Ive been keeping it clean and covered.I dont need it incised and drained..it has busted..if it didnt then I would of needed it incised.

Closed Thread