It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Dizziness, weakness, head pain, Please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-23-2005, 05:10 PM   #1
    bleedingsoul88
    Inactive
    (female)

bleedingsoul88 HB User
    Unhappy Dizziness, weakness, head pain, Please help!

I've been having wierd head pains in the right side of my head for over three weeks now, and new symptoms are showing up every day. I have a constant pressure in the sides of my head, it feels like someone has my head in a vice grip.

I also have been having these really bad dizzy spells. During these spells, I become disoriented and lose my balance easy. I also notice a generalized weakness during and after these bouts of dizziness.

The Scariest thing is what happened last night: I was sound asleep when I was abrupty awakened by one of my dizzy spells. It wasn't the same as the others though. I instantly felt so weak that I could barely move. My vision became blurry and I experienced "shutter vision." It was very scary and I couldn't fall back asleep for three hours.

Medical history: I have been positively diagnosed with hypothyroidism, high cholesterol, chronic sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, social phobia, clinical depression, borderline personality disorder, OCD, and had my gallbladder removed in February. I am currently taking Levothyroxine, Lexapro, B Vitamin Complex, and Skelaxin and Ibuprofen for the pain.

I visited the doctor recently, where she checked both my ears and sinuses and both looked very good. She also examined me for TMJ, she does believe that I do have TMJ, although even with the medicine, there has been no improvement, so it doesn't seem to be the main problem.

I am very concerned with these symptoms. Please help, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
    notpain
    Inactive
    (male)

notpain HB User
    Re: Dizziness, weakness, head pain, Please help!

Do some research on "ototoxicity". You're meds can actually make your hearing and balance worse over time. Scarey! My balance is very off, and was worse on Clonazepam. I also took Gabapentin (Neurontin) which is high on the potential list for Otoxicity. It may not help, but it may be worth knowing.

Closed Thread