It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Hives are hijacking my body, HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-24-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
    funnybunny008
    (male)

funnybunny008 HB User
    Hives are hijacking my body, HELP!

I have no known allergies or allergic reactions to anything. But these past few days I have been developing hives all over my body. They come and go, I have tried Benadryl and Claritin but they don't seem to be helping me much. It first started off when I came home from work one day and I began watching TV, then all of a sudden I became itchy on my lower back area then the itching spreaded and by the end of the night, I was develping hives on my arms, legs, thighs, stomach, chest, and neck. Then I took some claritin and rested, when I woke up the next day it seemed fine and everything was getting better, but then later that day, it all came back again and this time it got worse. The hives and itching came back all over my body, but this time they began to look like burn scars and it began to spread to my face. Thats when I went to go see a Urgent Care Clinic nearby and they gave me some benadryl and a shot of some type of steroids. The next day everything was gone but then later in the day I began to develop hives again in certain spots of my body. First they would come on my arms then go away and now they are on my legs. I have no idea what is causing this or what is going on. Please help me, where can I find out what this cause is, I heard there are allergen doctors or something. I also do not have health insurance so I'm trying to find a reasonably affordable place, if there is any. Thanks.

edit: I have not tried anything new that I haven't tried before, aswell as eating something new.

Last edited by funnybunny008; 07-25-2005 at 09:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2005, 04:57 AM   #2
    gardenandcats
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
    Re: Hives are hijacking my body, HELP!

Is there anything new that you are using? Different soaps ,detergents ,shampoos,perfumes, deodorants ect? have you eaten anything different that you don't usually. It has to be something different in you enviroment causing the hives.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
    velvet48
    Veteran
    (female)

velvet48 HB User
    Re: Hives are hijacking my body, HELP!

even though you do not have allergies, you can get an allergy at any time. you really need to be seen by a dr and tested to see what is causing this. at your local hospital, there should be forms you can fill out and apply for low income medical care, or $0 medical care depending on your income. they can't deny you if you can't afford insurance. please go check it out and get an appt to see a dr.

good luck

Closed Thread