It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Back of the head and neck ares feels heavy, tight, dry eyes. Please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-11-2005, 12:13 AM   #1
    jojojojo
    (male)

jojojojo HB User
    Back of the head and neck ares feels heavy, tight, dry eyes. Please help!

Can you guys tell me what's happening to me? My guess is computer related but heres the story. About 2 years ago, when I was 21, I got a real bad acne caused by my hair gel that I discovered 2 months afterwards. The acne was so bad that I was so depressed and stressed over the acne and literally became a house person for almost a year untill my acne went away. During the acne time, I was a graphic design student so I started working on the computer a lot longer everyday - at one point I did almost 8-12 hours for like 6,7 months.

Starting at about mid period of this time, I got this thing that I dont know what to call... When I wake up in the morning, I feel good, afternoon still normal, but at night - after work, after school, after doing nothing, every night my "back" of the head feels tightened and heavier, my eyes gets extremely sensitive and becomes so dry at the mildest dry condition. neck feels stiff in the back area connected to the head, I drop my head forward to relax it. The wierdest thing is it happens every day, even when Im on vacation doing nothing! Before I got the acne, I was a much different person, after going to school, working 8 hour shift, I'd still be energetic to go out or do anything - because I felt "Light" fresh like waking up in the morning. Im still an energetic person, I wanna go out do things, like eat a nice dinner, but my head feels so tired, tightened, heavy or stressed, eyes kinda dry all the time, I feel tired and uncomfortable. Also, before the acne, I was a very athletic person, working out, playing basketball for hours almost 4,5 days a week - now that is a decreased to once a 2-4 weeks or so.

My guess is its caused by staring at the computer for so long, that my eyes gets so tired and causing the brain get tired or stressed. When I close my eyes, my eyes and head relaxes and feels good. I also press on my eyes to relax my eyes.

So is this common? Help out guys, share anything you know or feel. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2005, 12:21 AM   #2
    jojojojo
    (male)

jojojojo HB User
    Re: Back of the head and neck ares feels heavy, tight, dry eyes. Please help!

forgot to add, but i dont work on the computer that long at all, but still avg 3-4 hours a day.

Closed Thread