It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Left-sided then right-sided headaches...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
    LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler HB User
    Red face Left-sided then right-sided headaches...

Hi

For months, I would get these brief, low-intensity headaches on the left side of my head. They came and went throughout the day and seldom lasted more than a few seconds. None were very severe...just enough to give me a good scare and make me wonder what was going on. They also were not all that painful.

Recently, I have begun to have right-sided headaches that come and go throughout the day. These new headaches are the same in duration and intensity as the left-sided headaches I USED to have.

My "history"...

* Allergic Rhinitis
    * Acute Sinusitis
    * Generalized Anxiety Disorder
    * Occassional panic attacks
    * Depression
    * Really BAD Hypochondria
    * I drink a few beers now and then
    * I smoke (just started a few months ago)
    * I take Lorazepam and Atarax

For a long time I was obscessed with rabies because we have bats in our area and one flew over my head one day, caught a bug in it's wings and then flew off into the feild. I obcesed over this for months...every little tingle, twitch, ache, etc...I swore it was rabies!.

Now recently, because of the headaches I have become obscessed with Menengitis (which rabies actually can cause!!) so I am double freaking out right now - even though I had the little headaches before the bat flew over my head. Also, I had a vertigo spell and suffered from slight dizziness and lightheadness for about a week (also can be a symptom of menengitis but also a LOT of other conditions) and when I talked to my mom, she said that her and my brother both suffer from this as well and that it is debilitating. Also, I had vertigo years ago and have experienced a lot of head shocks, dizziness and all kinds of other crazy symptoms for years so I just don't know what to think.

I've had more tests over the years than I can even begin to think of and of course, everything is always "normal" so why do I always feel like complete crap and have all these weird symptoms?.

HELP PLEASE!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2005, 10:06 PM   #2
    woodfaery
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

woodfaery HB User
    Re: Left-sided then right-sided headaches...

It seems us people who have anxiety tend to be much more sensitive to things more than others. It looks like you have a history of anxiety and sinus problems. Those headaches could be from stress, or even from sinus problems. I would not worry about meningitis, just focus on your medical history...and go from there. Remember too that you did mention you also suffer from hypocondria.
    Good luck, and try to think positive...it helps. I too suffer from anxiety so I know that thinking the best does make a difference.
    WF

Closed Thread