It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Blood test results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2005, 03:41 PM   #1
    WhiteLight
    Inactive
    (female)

WhiteLight HB User
    Blood test results

Hi. I was hoping someone could tell me what these blood test results mean and what it sounds like is wrong with me?

Red blood count is positive - Low
    White blood count is positive - High
    Something to do with oxygen levels is positive and Low
    Glucose is Borderline
    Infectious Diseases is Borderline
    Something screen is Borderline
    Monocytes is Borderline

I phoned the receptionist at my doctors surgery for my results and was told the above. I asked if I need to see the doctor and was told its no medical significance. I'm concerned about this as I have this many blood tests which are on the "odd" side yet the doctor isn't interested.

I've been having some strange and horrible symptoms the last few months. My sympotms are these: Dizzy spells, extreme tiredness, chest pains, diahrrehea (daily), severe migraines, nausea, stiffness in hands, strange stabbing pains in feet, wrists, kneck and shoulder stiffness & enlarged/tender lymph nodes in kneck & very poor circulation in lower legs, feet and hands. (they go blue)

What does it sound like is wrong with me based on these blood test results?

Thank you

Last edited by WhiteLight; 10-11-2005 at 03:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2005, 05:53 PM   #2
    pams37
    (female)

pams37 HB User
    Re: Blood test results

Wowww interesting.Sorry I can not help you.But if you have alll those symptoms,I would make an appointment with your doctor and telll them how you feeel and ask what the results mean.Mine said Borderline tooo.But I was borderline for my Pancreas.Yep I went to the hospital 2 week-ends ago.I went there because my stomach has beeeen swollen(for I guess 1 year)but I just never thought of gettting my stomach checked.Actuallly I only went to get it loooked at becuase I had bad bad stomach pains and it was so bad where I could not walk.I also had fevers and hot and cold spells.Plus my mother noticed my feet and legs loooked swollen.She told me to go to the hospital and seee what's going on.Of course they reallly had no answers.So they toook my blood test and then 3 hrs later they told me that every-thing loooks ok excpet your Pancreas.He said it's Borderline.He said usually your bloood test should be 85-119(I was 129)So he told me to becarefulll.He says it loooks like your having problems digesting your foods.Welllll I freaked.So a week later I went for an Ultrasound.Ofcourse theultrasound said that nothings wrong.So then I went back to my doctor saying this is not right.I told him I stilll have pains and I neeed to know what's going on.She found out I have Fibroids in my Uterous.So you seee.If you are scared and not happy with the results,go back to the doctor(especially if you are suffering from symptoms)I'm sorry I could not help you.Take care.Pamela

Old 10-11-2005, 07:00 PM   #3
    WhiteLight
    Inactive
    (female)

WhiteLight HB User

Hiya Pamela,
    Thanks for your help hun. Im sorry about your pancreas. Yes I'll definitely go back to my doctor. I'll try and get a appoinment for this week. I would like to get a general idea of whats going on here with me and what could possibly be wrong. I suppose that way I wont be too shocked if its something bad. Thanks loads xxx

Old 10-11-2005, 08:23 PM   #4
    desertflower
    (female)

desertflower HB User

Hey Whitelight,

I ran across your post and just had to respond. A low red blood cell count means you probably are anemic. A high white cell count means your body is trying to fight an infection somewhere. A low blood oxygen level means just that, not enough oxygenated blood in your bloodstream. You should find out what the exact #s are and then if I were you I would see a DIFFERENT DOCTOR. How old are you? It is probably nothing serious at all but it sounds like you def have an infection going on. Get the blood tests redone and see if they are the same. I hope you find some answers soon.

DF

Old 10-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #5
    WhiteLight
    Inactive
    (female)

WhiteLight HB User

Hiya Df,

Thanks for your reply hun. I'm 19. The oxygen level is worrying me as my dad died from lung disease and acute respiratory failure. My granddad had the same problem but his heart gave out before his lungs. I'm probably being paranoid but thank you for replying. I'll definitely get them redone.

The receptionist didn't say it was anemia. She said my iron level came back normal and so did my thyroid function. When I asked should I see the doctor I was told its no medical significance.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:53 PM   #6
    desertflower
    (female)

desertflower HB User

Hey WhiteLight,

Glad your iron levels are normal, that is good news. Normally when a redblood cell count is really low, you are anemic. You are very young so it is probably nothing but some non-serious infection going on(the whitecell count). I would still def go back in and tell your doc the concerns you have. I hope all goes well and keep up the updates.

DF

Old 10-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #7
    WhiteLight
    Inactive
    (female)

WhiteLight HB User

Hiya Df,

Sorry I'm just replying now. Phew I hope its just an infection. I'll be better in no time then

I've got an appointment for my doctor on monday. I'll let you know how it goes hun.

Closed Thread